chapter ten

Present Time

It is finally Saturday. When there wasn't school, my life was perfect. I finally have someone who loves me, for me. I lay on my side in my bed, playing on my phone. My phone buzzes. It's Kian.

••You busy today?

I smile typing my response.

•When am I ever busy?

••I'm picking you up in 10.

I spring out of bed and go into the bathroom. I brush out my knotty hair and redo my make up. I decide to wear a nude striped, black t-shirt with maroon leggings. I slide on my black toms and grab my purse.
"Kian and I are hanging out," I say to my mom, who is standing in the kitchen. My eyes draw to her hand, noticing her ring is missing.
"Mom, your ring," I look at her with major concern. She never took it off, it was her prized possession. Her and my dad have been together since high school. She has always been there for him, even when he was deployed. He was supposed to come home last week. Dad.
"Where's dad," I raise my voice a little louder moving my eyebrows together. She looks at me and then looks away.
"Can I make you some-," she tries to change the subject.
"MOM," I interrupt getting annoyed.
"He is gone," she mumbles holding back tears.
"Why," I ask fighting back mine.
"I-I cheated on him," she says pressing her lips together and looking down.
"No." I press my fingertips to my forehead. I fight my way to the door. She yells things to me but I tune it out.
Once I reach the front porch, I collapse to my knees. Sobbing into my hands. Kian rushes out of his car and grabs my face.
"Malorie," he says with worry in his eyes.
I fall into his arms. I curl into a ball as he picks me up. Kian carries me to his car and sets me in the front seat. Once I get settled, he grabs my face and looks deep into my eyes. Butterflies fly around in my stomach. He gently plants his lips onto mine and chills are sent throughout my body. I feel the kiss in my toes.
      Without saying a word, he drives me to his house. He understands that I need to cool down, though he has no idea why, he does it. He holds my hand through it all. Tears have no mercy to my pride.
"My mom cheated on my dad," I mumble when we arrive at his house.
"Honey," Kian says getting out of the car. He pulls open my door and grabs my hand. He holds me so close I can feel his eyelashes on my forehead.
He leads me into his house and into his room. I lay down on Kian's bed while he sets up the television.
"Kian, I think I love you." I admit with my hands between my legs.
"I know I love you," he says, putting down the remote and grabbing my face. He gently presses his lips against mine.
"If it's okay with you, I don't want to go home." I say grabbing his hand.
"I will never let you go." he says pulling me into his arms.

Sorry it has been so long since I updated. I haven't felt like it. Love you all❤️❤️

ALMOST 300 READS!!!