chapter four

My thoughts get interrupted when my mom jiggles the door knob.
"Mal," she says knocking.
"Yeah?" I say wiping my tears realizing blood is still oozing out of my arm.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, um I tripped and cut my arm. I'll b-be out in a minute," I lie struggling to get up and wiping my tears.
I reach out to the faucet and turn it to a comfortable temperature. I run my bloody arm under it, causing a stinging feeling to run up and down my arm. Once the blood clots, I dab it with a towel, unlock the door, and walk to my room.
My iPhone lays on my bed. I reach for it, checking my recent texts, which are sadly just small conversations between my family and I. Some unknown number texted me? huh.

••Hey. I don't know if you know me but my name is Kian. I'm kinda new here and I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime?

Of course I know who this is. He is kinda nerdy and has beautiful blonde/brown hair. My heart stops. Is someone screwing with me again? I know he is new but what if he is friends with Cameron. I still cant believe he lead me on like that just to call me a freak. But I am also not that surprised.

•• Oh hi. You don't have to do this. If you want to call me a slut. Go right ahead. I don't need you and your little tricks.

I bite my lip waiting for this dick's response. It took a little while but when he responded, my heart weakened.

•• I don't really know what your talking about. I saw you in the hallway and I wanted to know more. This kid gave me your number so I gave it a shot. I'm sorry if I upset you, can we just talk about it over dinner tonight?

I sigh, looking at the scars on my arm. Kian is really sweet. I would love to go out to dinner, but my scars. My face. My body. My reputation. Damn, all of the things people say turn me into someone I am not. I close my eyes.

•• okay

I get up and walk to my closet. I have to be modest. I settle with ripped skinny jeans and over sized pink crop top. I'm not skinny so I hate showing skin. I peek in the mirror admiring how good my butt looks in these jeans.

••I'll pick you up in 10.

I smile, pick up my phone, and walk to the bathroom. I add a tiny bit of mascara and cover my scars in foundation. I check my hair and walk down stairs.
"Ma, have you seen my Nike heals?" I ask peeking under the stairs.
"Right here," she says holding them up.
Her expression changes when she sees me.
"Why are you all dressed up?"
"I have a date,"
My eyes shift to the window. A 2010 Toyota Corolla rolls up and beeps its horn. I see Kian in the front seat smiling at me.
"Bye," I say kissing my mom and slamming the door.

34 READS🤗🤗🤗 OMG still hyperventilating😂 the date will be continued in the next chapter❤️❤️