chapter thirteen

I look at myself in the mirror.  Admiring my long red dress with jewels across the top. I never thought I'd actually be able to go to winter formal with someone. My mother and I picked out the dress last year. I miss my mom. We still have not spoken since I found out she cheated on my dad.
How could I? Why should I go around giving forgiveness when no one, but one, cares about me. I go into the bathroom and do final touches on my hair and make up. I have beautiful curls spiraling throughout my hair. Something grabs my attention. I hear a knock at the door, then it opens.
"Kian you can't see yet I'm not-," I look up.
"Malorie, you look stunning," my mother says timidly.
"What are you doing here," I say ignoring her last comment.
"I couldn't let you go to winter formal without this," she reaches her hand out, then opens her palm. Inside is a stunning pair of gold earrings. I pick them up.
"Gold goes best with red," she finishes turning around.
"I don't hate you," I say before she leaves.
"I know honey, I know," my mother answers walking out of the door.
I just stand there, looking at the closed door then at my palm.

~~~~~

     "Malorie," Kian calls from the bottom of the stairs.
I slip on my gold heals, put in my earrings, and walk out of his room. Slowly, I make my way down the stairs.
     "You look stunning," Kian says kissing my lips gently, so my lipstick doesn't get smeared. He pulls out a stunning corsage.
"I knew roses were your favorite," he says sliding it on my wrist. His mom snaps a picture.
     His mother forces us to take more pictures. We smile, giggle, kiss, and make it fun.
    "We have to go mom," Kian says kissing his mom on the cheek and grabbing my hand. He opens the car door for me like a gentleman.
     "Thank you," I say sitting down.
While he makes his way around the car, my mind begins to race. What if everyone laughs at me? What if I'm the joke of Winter Formal 2016?
"You okay?" Kian says getting in the car.
I don't respond.
"Everything will be alright. Trust me." He reassures me while starting the car.

Once we make it to the school, Kian parks in our regular spot. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Hannah and her group walking into the dance. Kian grabs my hand and I grab it tighter. This is going to be one hell of a night.
We walk into the doors of the gym, Winter theme is everywhere. There are already people dancing. Kian leads me onto the dance floor. I drag along, trudging my feet. Where are ü now starts playing. Kian, knowing this is my favorite song, begins to jump and dance, I quickly do the same. We dance for a couple songs and then go get drinks. For once in my life, I'm actually having fun.
I go to the punch bowl and Kian comes behind me.
"I will be right back," he says walking toward the bathrooms.
I nod my head and sip my drink. I can instantly tell someone spiked it so I set it down.
After about 3 songs, Kian is still not back. I leave the gym. Did he leave without me?
I wouldn't be surprised, there must be something wrong with me. I make my way to the bathrooms, and wait outside of the boys.
     I hear heals clicking in the cafeteria. I stop leaning on the wall next to the bathrooms, and walk toward the caf.
     "Kian," I say into the dark cafeteria.
Giggling emerges from the room. I also hear mumbling. I search around for the light switch and turn it on.
Queen Bitch Hannah is leaning against Kian on the far wall. Kissing.
     "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON," I shout startling both of them. Kian pushes her off.
"Malorie it's not what it looks like," He begs running toward me.
"Oh, well to me, it looks like your cheating on my with, hmm. What did you call her? Queen Bitch of the high school." I say starting to uncontrollably cry.
"Malorie, her and her friends led me here. She kissed me. I tried to say something-" He attempts to explain with tears escaping his eyes.
I slowly turn away, once I'm out of view I dart out of the school. I sit on the cement outside. After I left the doors, my sobs became louder, my pain became larger. I had no where to go.
"Malorie, are you okay?" A recognizable voice says.
"Cameron." I say sighing. He sits next to me. I wipe my tears away, pretending to be okay.
"Everything will be okay," he says beckoning me to rest my head on his shoulder.
I rest my head. It causes me to uncontrollably sob.
"He cheated on me." I say attempting to speak.
"Do you want me to take you home," Cameron offers.
I begin to sob even harder.
"Kian was my home."

400 reads!!! omfg I am so unbelievably happy❤️❤️ ily💓💓