"Um....It was shit! I caught him cheating. So I ended things on the spot," I said quickly, figuring it was like ripping off a band aid.

"What the hell are you talking about? You found John cheating? I'm so sorry sis. You should come home, hang out here for a week."

"I can't. I am in Paris, actually just landed. I flew to see Olivia. I didn't want to bring this home and worry dad, so please don't tell him," I said knowing my father would want to teach John a lesson. My dad was a tad bit over protective, but being a cop's daughter comes with that territory.

"Damn, well Paris should do the trick. I really am sorry, Ava. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"Of course. I love you and I'll call you when I'm back home," I said looking around for a bathroom. My eyes are probably swollen, mascara smeared making me look like a raccoon. I need to get myself together before I see Olivia.

"Okay, well promise me one thing," she said in a whisper, suspecting she didn't want my dad to hear.

"What?" I asked rolling my eyes knowing my sister is going to say something ridiculous.

"Forget about John, get drunk and let some guy rock your world," she laughed.

"Hanging up now!" I laughed shaking my head.

"Love you, Ava."

"Love you, Becca," I said before hanging up.

I walked into the restroom searching for the closest mirror. I found one near the entrance, and stood staring at my reflection seeing the effect heartache had on a person. My eyes were red and swollen, my complexion was pale, and dark circles were forming under my eyes. To top it off my hair was a tangled mess piled on top of my head. My clothes were wrinkled and stretched out from travelling.

I did my best to improve my appearance with a little mascara, lip gloss, and braided my hair to fall down my back. A quick glance on my phone told me Olivia only lived twenty minutes from the airport. I left the restroom, but before I was able to put my phone away I collided with someone, causing both our phones to drop. Crap! I knelt down to pick up my phone checking to make sure it wasn't cracked, but also wanted to avoid any eye contact with the person I ran into. I hated confrontation and didn't want to be lectured about watching where I was going.

"Are you okay?" the deep voice boomed above me. His velvet voice caused a wave of goosebumps to roll down my neck, spreading throughout by body. Still kneeling, I took the chance and looked up at the stranger and my mouth went dry. The man standing in front of me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. Before today I didn't believe men like him existed. He was wearing in a dark charcoal suit, his jacket hung over his left arm allowing me to appreciate his long, lean torso in his matching vest. His muscular arms fit snug in a white button down shirt open at the neck. Looking closer I swear I could see a trickle of hair. Chest hair had never been a turn on for me, but seeing it on this man changed my mind. His face must have been designed by the gods with his square jaw, firm full lips, and piercing blue eyes. His hair was copper brown with hints of red. His hair was short on the sides and a little longer on the top. All I could think about was running my fingers through it while he fucked me senseless. I must have hit my head on something because it's out of the ordinary for me to fantasize about sex, even boring sex. Not once did I ever crave rough, primal sex with John.

When I didn't respond he dropped to one knee, his face inches from mine. I could smell fresh mint on his breath and citrus, woodsy cologne on his skin. "I said, are you okay?" he asked placing his right hand on my shoulder as he stared into my eyes. His touch sent a jolt of electricity through my body. He tilted his head a little as he stared at me, as if he saw right through my fragile appearance. Like he knew I was barely hanging on.

"Oh...yes, I'm fine. Sorry about the collision," I said as I returned his stare.

"Great. Just want to make sure you're okay," he spoke with a hint of sympathy as we both stood, holding our gazes. As I stood my foot caught on my bag flinging me forward straight into my beautiful stranger's arms. His hands immediately encircled my waist pulling me into his chest. Beneath his immaculate suit he felt like steel. His stomach was hard against my soft belly, and his arms were strong. His hands were warm, and his grip was firm. My cheek rested against the side of his chin. I closed my eyes and took in his scent. His smell and touch was intoxicating. When a man smells and looks this good, it should be savored. My dating experience had consisted of two members of fraternities that smelled like stale beer or too much cheap body spray.

"Are you sure you're all right? Do you need to sit down for a minute?" his voice etched with concern as he slowly leaned me back, his eyes raking over me from head to toe.

"I tripped, I'm usually not this clumsy. Thank you for your help," I embarrassingly said trying to straighten my appearance.

"It was my pleasure," he muttered as he leaned down towards my ear before picking up his bag, and walked pass me. As I picked up my bags and turned to walk, I found him still standing there, staring.

"What?" I asked confused, looking around to see if he forgot something.

"Happy Holidays," He smiled the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen.

"Happy Holidays," I smiled back thinking it was already becoming one.