Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, there's a couple. There are already Fury and Hill's choices in there, but they felt that we should have the final say, since you know, we lived with them for like almost six years. I've sent their profiles to your computer to take a look at. Fury would want any recommendations ASAP. Four people total, then Agent Hill also wants you to submit their creds and make their IDs.....you know, the whole deal."

I nod and pull out my laptop. "Roger that. I'll start work on them in ten."

"You sure you're going to be alright?" He asks.

"I'll be fine Owl Head," I smirk. "Nothing that I can't handle. And don't you have stuff for Project Insight to be working on?"

"Shusssh," He says putting his finger to his lips. "Maybe if I just close my eyes it'll all go away."

I laugh at his silliness. "You keep trying that. Love you babe."

"Love you too." He replies and cuts the message.

I sigh and walk back to Tony and Rhodey.

"You guys warn the president yet?" I ask.

"Nah just the vice president." Tony response.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," I say as they both give me a look.

"What do you mean?" Rhodey asks.

"Its the way....what's-his-face, Trevor I think? It's the way he phrased his statement."  I say.

"The plan with the vice president?" Rhodey asks.

"Yeah, he said with. Not for the vice president or about the vice president, he said with. Almost seems like-" I respond

"He's working with Killian." Tony finishes. "But do you really think he's working for AIM?"

"At this point Tony," Rhodey says. "I think anything is possible." 

"Well, what did he tell you guys?"

"That he'll have F-22's in the air...right about now," Tony said.

I grab my laptop and pull out current flight patterns. "We have a modified 747 flying pretty close to us. All of its systems are normal....but, there's nothing else. All F-22s are at the base. Tony you might have to get in there."

"You mean to tell me that he didn't call backup in?"

"So then we gotta make a decision. We can either save the President or Pepper. We can't do both."

"Thank the gods I grabbed my duffle bag." I sigh.

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak." JARVIS speaks up.

"And what about the suit I'm wearing?" Tony asks.

"The armor is now at ninety-two percent."

"Well, that's going to have to do," Tony says, pulling the wires out of his suit. Tony gestures at the air and the pieces of the suit fly off of him and form into an empty suit.

"Leave." Tony says and the suit flies away toward Air Force One.

"Okay while you do that, I have worked I need to be doing." I say and start to walk out.

"Who gives a sixteen-year-old work?" Rhodey asks.

"Well, this sixteen-year-old just happens to be a level 7 agent of SHIELD so the director himself," I call over my should and plop down on the couches.

I open the computer screen and log into my usual messy as hades desktop.