Epilogue: Seriously

Começar do início

   Once seated in a high booth, there was a slight awkward silence. Star had pulled out his phone after he had told the waitress what he wanted to drink, and started texting his friends.

   "Alright Star." Darren said after a minute.

   Star looked up from his phone, setting in his lap and looked between Darren and I.

   'What's up' He asked still veering his sight between us.

   "We went out today. And we just wanted you know that its official." I said watching as his face twisted from confusion to happiness.

   'Seriously?'

   "Seriously. You've officially been adopted."

   I don't think Star new how to react to the news with no vocal cords, so he just settled for a clap of his hands and jumping up to hug us both.

   Last year, after Lucca had escaped, Darren and I talked about ways of keeping him safe, and it seemed the only logical way was to become his legal guardian's. Of course we had Quin do some hacking so his record didn't say he had any living relatives to go with. After that everything was easy and we had started the adoption possess.

   Once our food came Star settled down, but ate with a small smile on his face the whole time. Once we'd finished we decided to go to a movie, now that Star was in no hurry to get back to his friends.

   'This is so wicked. Not only am I finally part of the family. I get to watch Deadpool!. Are we changing my last name. I want to be Phoenix-Clayert. No, No Clayert-Phoenix. Witch one sounds better Star Clayert, or Star Phoenix? Oh Phoenix for sure. Yeah Star Clayert-Phoenix. No offence Silas.'

   I couldn't help but laugh. "No problem, dude. I go by Clayert-Phoenix anyways."

   We made our way into the theater, and sat down, Star between Darren and I.

   After it was over we walked through the streets just enjoying our time together.

   I was still on edge about everything. Wondering when Charles and Lucca would show there faces again.

   I had gotten a letter three months back from Symon's friend. He didn't disclose his name or anything. Just stated he was traveling with Symon, and that he was OK. That he'd found my address in one of Symon's books and seeing Symon stressed about me a lot, he wanted to stop at least one of our stressing's and tell me everything was fine.

   With that I was at peace, I wasn't able to reply since there was no return address. But that was okay with me. I was happy knowing Symon was OK, seeing's as there had been no sightings of him since last Halloween.

   "Ready to head home?" Darren asked, breaking my thought process.

   I nodded my head and we made our way back to the car, as we sat there I looked towards my mate. We'd had a lot of up's and down the last year, but we were still good. We weren't close a lot. We didn't walk hand and hand through the sand, or kiss one another unless we were in the privacy of our own homes. But that's what we were comfortable with. We didn't need to flaunt our relationship to everyone around us.

   Star fell asleep on the way home, Darren had carried him inside, even though I told him to just wake him up, seeing's as he was a thirteen year old boy now and didn't needed to be lifted inside. But he just ignored me and brought Star to his bedroom, laid him in bed, and covered him up before turning the light off and walking out.

   "We should get more." Darren said once we were both laying in bed, I was sat up reading a book. -The Song Of Achilles- While Darren was playing Hay Day on his tablet.

   "More what?"

   "Kids." He said simply. I snapped my head towards him. He was running his finger over the screen like he didn't just say something life changing.

   "You want more kids?"

   He shrugged, then shifted on the bed, putting his tablet down and faced me. "I mean. Not right now. We just got one, we've got to wait obviously. But one day."

   "Alright." I agreed, laying my book on the bedside table. "Lets talk to Star about it in say, a months time."

   He nodded his head, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. He leaned forward, meeting his lips to mine, before reaching around me and turning the lamp that illuminated the room off. Leaving us to kiss in the darkness.

_____

A/N: This is so bitter sweet for me. I can't believe I've finished my first book. I think I'm going into shock

BIG NEWS: After this chapter is posted the first chapter to -The Alpha's Brother- Will be posted! Stay tuned. And thank you all for reading. You all helped me have one of my dreams come true

-Robyn ♡