Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kaitlyn’s POV 

It was finally Friday. This week basically revolved around Harry. All of my thoughts and actions were because of him.

I got myself out of bed and began getting ready for the day. I curled my hair, and put on dark jeans and a black, sleeveless, button up sheer top, and black converse.

When I was finished getting ready for the day, I grabbed my bag, and told my parents I was leaving. My mom reminded me to ask Harry to come over for dinner tonight. I groaned. I really doubt that he wanted to meet my parents. We aren’t in a relationship. It shouldn’t happen.

I walked to my bus stop and got on my bus. When I was seated, I pulled out a book from my bag.

When the bus reached my school, I threw my book back in my bag and scurried off of the bus. I walked to my history class and took a seat next to Kaycie. I was glad she decided to show up to school today.

“Where were you yesterday?” I asked her.

“I was a little sick. What did I miss?” She sniffled.

“Well, Harry drove me home yesterday, and he stayed at my house for a little while before my parents got home.”

“Did you guys do anything while you were alone together?” She winked.

I rolled my eyes. “There was a little kissing involved…” I trailed off, looking down.

Her eyes grew wide, and she shrieked.

I threw my hand over her mouth and quietly scolded her. “Kaycie! Shut up! People are staring.”

“So? Who cares! You kissed Harry, you kissed Harry” she taunted.

Before she could tease me any further, the teacher walked in and began the lesson.

All day I was impatiently waiting for lunch. I was curious to know if Harry would kiss me in front of his friends, or anyone. He probably wouldn’t though, I knew better.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

It was lunch time. The period I have been waiting for all day. As I walked through the deserted hallway, I saw Niall making his way to lunch as well.

“Niall!” I called.

He jerked his head around, but when his eyes landed on me, I saw his face fall a little.

“Hey” he said in a small voice.

“So, what’s up?” I asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Nothing” he responded flatly.

“Oh…that sounds fun.”

He just nodded. I don’t think this could possibly get any more awkward.

“Niall, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen. You know that don’t you?” I wanted him to talk to me. But if he didn’t want to, I couldn’t blame him.

He didn’t respond. He just looked straight ahead of him as he walked. I sighed, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to get a response out of him. We walked to lunch together, but neither of us dared to say something to one another. Finally, we were at the door to the lunch room. I opened the door with Niall behind me. My eyes landed on Harry sitting at his lunch table with Maria sitting on his lap. She saw me, so she leaned in and kissed him. I stopped dead in my tracks, causing Niall to accidentally ram into me. I tripped forward from the impact, but Niall grabbed my arm, preventing me from falling. I was still staring at the kiss between Harry and Maria.