Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Kaitlyn’s POV

This morning, I woke up a little early, so I could do my hair. I hopped out of bed and went into the shower. When I got out, I put on a blue, sleeveless dress. Then, I blow dried my hair and curled it. I put on some foundation, eyeliner, and a light gold and brown eye shadow. As I finished getting ready, I looked at the clock, it was time for me to go. I slipped on my black Toms, grabbed my backpack and said goodbye to my parents, and then left.

The bus ride was horrible. There was no air conditioner today, and it was probably about 80 degrees outside. I only had to wait until November to get my driver’s license, and then I could drive myself to school!

By the time I got to 1st period, Kaycie was already there, so I took a seat next to her.

“I saw Spencer this morning” she said and gave me a sympathetic look.

I was frozen. “What? Spencer? I can’t go to lunch! I can’t see him!”

“Kaitlyn! Relax, he won’t bother you. I already talked to him about it.”

I glared at her and screamed, “You what? Why would you do that!”

“Look, I’m trying to help you out. I talked to him so you wouldn’t have to. He said he’s really sorry about the whole thing, and that he had no idea what he was doing. He was beyond drunk. But, do you think you’ll ever consider being friends with him again?”

I thought about her question for a minute. Would I ever forgive him? He didn’t know what he was doing…

“Maybe. But I don’t know. I want to, but when I think about that night, I can’t believe that he actually tried that. I have to talk to him eventually.”

“Yeah, I think that would be a good idea” Kaycie said.

The bell rang and class began.

Afterschool, Niall met me outside of my class.

“Hey Kaitlyn. You ready for our date?” he smiled.

“I am. So we’re going to the movies?” I asked as we walked out of the school building.

“Yeah, I was thinking about a movie and then we could go get something to eat.”

“Alright, sounds good!” I said a bit too enthusiastic.

When we reached the door to the parking garage, Harry was standing there with Maria. My smile dropped immediately, but Niall on the other hand looked pretty happy to see them.

“Hey Harry, hey Maria!” Niall greeted.

“Hey, are you taking Kaitlyn somewhere?” Harry asked him, with his eyes directly on me. He was being a bit nosy. Why did it matter to him.

Niall looked at me and smiled, “Yeah, we’re going to the movies, then getting something to eat.”

I saw Harry’s jaw tense, and I smirked.

“So like a date…” Harry asked. He looked a little pissed off, which was good.

Niall and I made eye contact, and then, to my surprise, he slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

“Yeah, I guess you could say it’s a date” Niall said while grinning down at me.

“Have fun” Harry muttered angrily as he stormed off, leaving Maria to stand there awkwardly.

“Bye Maria”, Niall casually said as we walked to his car. He seemed like he didn’t acknowledge Harry’s anger just a few minutes ago. But, I decided not to ask him any questions about it.