~Nico~ (Chapter 13)

Okay, first things first, girls are weird as hell. Second thing; Latianna is beyond weird, and she's a girl. Obviously those things make her some sort of, ultra-mega-supremely weird.

Everything was nice. We were being "friendly" and holding each other's hands, her head laid up next to my body, her auburn hair waving down the side of my hospital bed. I was just staring at the ceiling (and maybe staring at her, but I'm a teenage boy, what else do you expect?) when all of a sudden, her skin starts glowing. And I mean the kind of glow that physically hurts to look at. I think it was white? Maybe gold? I couldn't tell, because she was too busy freaking out.

She jumped up and let go of my hand, saying something about a wolf. I give her a confused look and stutter through her collage of crumpled up words
"W-what? There's n-no wolf..."
She was pacing around the room in flurry, almost like she was air-fighting something.

I looked up at her and that's when I saw it; her eyes were flippen purple. It was a dark purple with sparks of gold hidden in there. I couldn't break the eye contact; although it terrified me, her eyes somehow made me feel at peace, like I just came back home after years of pain.

I watched my aching body stand up, and although I had been severely injured, I felt amazing. I could walk, breathe easily, and overall, just feel normal. She closed her eyes and turned away. I instantly fell to my knees and grunted in pain. I looked up at her and grumbled, groaning as I felt her presence leave my cold skin.
"No, please don't stop..."
"What?"
"...Do it again..."
My words sounded foreign and desperate, and that's exactly what I started to feel like. I could see my eyes begin to slip into the back of my head and my vision blur, slowly falling back into sickness and pain. That is, before the weirdest thing happened.

Latianna rushed by my side, grabbed my hands, and closed her eyes. Her hair was pushed behind her except for one strand tickling my neck. Her face was inches above mine, and I could hear her breathing deeply and calmly.

I started to feel that "healthy" feeling again, and I don't think she understood exactly what she was doing, but whatever it was, it was working.

Her skin began to glow again, and her hair started to turn to pure white. The items on the walls began to shake, and I eventually felt ground shake too. It stopped suddenly when she fell over from her kneeling position. I jerked up and put my arms around her; something wasn't right... She wasn't alright. I think...

Her skin stopped glowing, her hair went back to that dark redish brown, and I just held her in my lap shocked.

She looked so peaceful, but also scared. I wonder if this was the first time she had ever done something of the sort. I mean, she is a nurse... But I don't nurses are usually capable of such things.

But there's something else.

I'm not weak.

I just realized that I am completely fine. I have no open wounds, my body isn't sore, and I just feel warm.

What the hell just happened?