Chapter Seven

"You look like a hobo." Clementine says, scanning me.

I look down at my t-shirt and skinny jeans. "It's called dressed comfortable."

"I mean the whole thing. Your messy bun, jacked up makeup, AND your hobo clothes."

"Thanks, Em." I say smirking.

"I'm a model, therefore it would be crucial if I let my little sister go out looking like she woke up in a dumpster." She says while grabbing my arm and leading me into her guest room.

She opens up her suitcase anxiously, and starts to burry through the bag.

"Ah ha. So fab." So says pulling up a white lace tank top. "Put this on, it'll look classy with your jeans."

I did as she said without fighting. Next she brought me to the guest bathroom. I sat up on the counter as she did my makeup while listening to the radio. We bursted out singing Like a Virgin by Madonna as she finished applying the last touch of blush.

"Gorrrggggeeouuuss!" She yelped.

I turned to look in the mirror. Who was this? I've never seen her before. And I'm not just talking about the makeover. I feel like a different person.

"Messy bun fits now.." She says looking at me thinking, "Ah here," she says opening her jewelry box, "This necklace."

It was a silver shiny long necklace that perfected the outfit.

"And you, Iris, are ready for that party."

I let out a weak smile.

-----------------------------------------

I slowly walk up the porch and creak the door open. To my surprise, the house is quite full.

I look and see Theo in the kitchen. I walked over to him smiling. "Hey!"

He turns to me and looks pleasantly surprised, "You look nice!"

"Thanks! How's the party going?"

"Fine, I guess, Felix hasn't even showed up yet though."

"Oh that's weird."

"Totally weird." I hear from behind me. I turn to see Oscar.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon." I say.

"No, I was talking about your outfit," Oscar says scanning me, "Em visiting?"

"That would be that." I say popping a ham roll in my mouth.

"Heeeyyyyy!" Oscar says extending his

arms to somebody.

I look over to see its Felix who Oscar is embracing. But that's not all I notice. I notice one of his arms are scraped up..badly.

My mind is starting to wonder. What happened to this boy? He's a stranger. Something crazy could've happened to this stranger. So wouldn't it be appropriate if I tried to help?

"You okay?" Asks Theo who's right next to me, looking concerned.