Chapter One

My eyes slowly open, with sleep caked on them. "Uhh," I stretch my lengthy arms out. This is when I suddenly realise I fell asleep half way off the bed, kicked all my sheets off, and one leg is on the other side of the bed as the other one. Holy bajesus, what do I do in my sleep? I remember being tucked in so nicely.

My arm rests on my forehead, as I reach out with my free arm for my phone, but as I reach out...I tip and fall off the bed..super. Takes mad skill to do that..

I sit up, my messy, long, knotted brown hair covers my face, I blow it off in annoyance and reach for my phone. Theo called. He left a voicemail, so I tap it and put the phone against my ear.

"Heeyyaaa," he starts, I can hear Oscar in the background flipping out... and I'm best friends with these guys? "so you, missy, slept in! Anyway, we were expecting you be in the field by now! So come-"

Then I hear Oscar in the background, "Jesus Christ, Theo you sound like you're writing the deceleration of interdependence!" Then Oscar grabs the phone...shuffle...shuffle...shuffle.."Yo bitch, we need to shake the spot, kay? Kay. Dueces." Then he hung up.

Right. Baseball. Its Saturday and every Saturday we go and play in the field, also we try at least twice during the weekdays after school. I stretch out my legs slowly, and hop up.

I change into a pair of athletic shorts, and a baggy T-shirt. I run to the mirror, and finger comb my hair back into a pony tail. I adjust my bangs, and I'm ready to go.

I run down the steps, my mom's in the kitchen being...I dont know, being a mom? 

"Hey, where are you going?" she says looking up from a dieting recipe book in her hand.

"Noo.." I groan, "you are not making us go on a diet again! Seriously, carrots are for chewing, not drinking...and eggs should be cooked! That's...like...that's just not okay. Id rather eat slop from Big Brother on CBS." 

My mom shakes her head at me, "First, you watch too much T.V. Second, your father needs to diet so we should all support him and go along with him." 

I roll my eyes slightly, "Just because he looks like he got boob implants doesn't me we should have to diet too," I grab my messenger bag that was sitting next to the counter and run off before she can say another word.

I jump on my bike, and I'm off. 

I know what you're thinking, she's seventeen, get a car, lazy ass. Or...maybe you didn't know how old I was and I totally ratted myself out. But let me tell you, I love, love riding my bike. I seriously do, don't be making fun of me, because I could totally cut you off on a bike if you were in a car. Cars just seem so unnecessary. Riding your bike puts you in great health, and you won't end up looking like my dad. Just remember that.

I pull over to the fence of the field. Oscar is jumping up and down waving- looking like a complete idiot. 

I put the kickstand down and run over to them, shouting. This is why we get along so well.

"Hey, hey!" Theo says with a smirk planted on his face.

"What?" I say defensively, through tired breaths. 

"Oh please, don't tell me you forgot." 

I shrug, and Oscar pops up behind Theo, "He's not gonna let this go." 

"Let go of what!?" I ask, frustrated.

"You slept in," Theo points at me devilishy, "Who slept in last time and didn't get to pitch at all?" 

Oh lord. I roll my eyes, "I never sleep in. You on the other hand sleep in all the time." 

"Come on guys," Oscar says, giving Theo we-got-shit-to-talk-about look. 

I raise an eyebrow, "What? What is it?"

Oscar shrugs, "What is what?" I roll my eyes.

"Come on, what do you need to tell me?" I put my hands on my hips waiting for a response. Both give eachother the were-busted-man-down-man-down look. "Well?"

"Well, let's do this while we play catch." Oscar says picking up a baseball from the ground. We spread out into a triangular deformed circle. Theo throws to me, I throw to Oscar, and Oscar throws to Theo and repeat. We start it going, and no one speaks up. "Guys.." I start.

"Right," coughs Theo, "What if we told you someone will be joining us to play baseball every week?" 

I like it, the more the merrier, we can actually make a square instead of this crappy whatever shape. And we can swap pitchers and stuff, nice. "Sweet. Do I know who this person is?"

"Not in person..but you've heard of him," says Oscar. Huh?

"Alex Rodriguez?" I joke. Theo grins but Oscar is in a jumble of words. What's their deal? who is it? "Come on now, don't be shy, spit it out." I say catching the ball and holding it at my side. 

"Felix." Says Oscar with an unsure grin. 

Felix? The Felix? That's why they didn't want to tell me. They think it would make me feel replaced. Hell, he better not replace me. Hell, why is he even coming, I thought he lived in Californa? He's moving here. No. No. Great. He cant just leave and show up in the group and be all buddy buddy, these are my bestfriends. He left. No. No. No.

I was thinking about so much, but the only world I could process was, "When?"

"He'll be here by tomorrow."