Chapter Three

I sit far behind in the field, fiddling with my fingers and watching Theo and Oscar talking and laughing awaiting their best mate to show up.

Yes, today was the day..unfortunately..that Felix was coming. The waiting was literally hurting, every second I would start to get up but sit back down. I couldn't ditch my friends, this was an important day, I mean hey it's not like they know how much it's killing me.

Suddenly a large black car began driving down the road that caught my now jumping up and down screaming friends. They were doing exactly what they do when they see me show up for baseball. This already hurts.

The car pulls to a stop.

And so does my breath.

Because there getting out of the car is something I've never seen before.

A beautiful boy.

I kid you not. A beautiful boy. Right. There.

This boy slowly gets out of the car, in a ruffled up dress shirt, kakis, and a dangling necklace that you can only see when he bends down to get his suit cases. His brown hair perfectly styled, not too long, not too short. And converses.. With some print written all over them, I could not see what was on them, but it was intriguing. I should ask..what? IRIS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

You hate this boy.

You won't befriend this boy.

But he's so cute.

Boys are not cute.

They're either your bestfriends or jackasses.

He isn't any different.

He's trying to steal your friends.

You hate this boy, Iris.

Hate.

He turns to Theo and Oscar and lets out a heartwarming smile and a wave, which causes his shirt to ride up slightly to show a sliver of his torso.

This boy is going to kill me.

His eyes are beaming bright green. Bright. Green.

Yep, he will be the end of me.

"Feeeeelixxxx!" Shouts Theo, as Felix runs over to him and gives him a brotherly hug.

I slowly begin to walk over there, not ready for all of this to sink in.

"Victory screech!" yells Oscar as he joins in the hug.

I stand there silently. Awkward.

"Felix, my man! This is Iris! She's one of us." Oscar introduces me, gesturing.

Felix grins and pushes his hand infront of me, "How do you do, Iris? I've heard nothing but great things." I feel incredibly stupid and weak. I've never had this feeling before. Ugh. I hate it. Just go away.

"Hi." I say sharply, shaking his strong sturdy hand. Everyone can feel the awkwardness so Theo cuts in.

"We're throwing you a welcome party tomorrow night! People from school will be there so you'll already be caught up!" Smiles Theo while giving him a pat on the back, who's eyes are still looking straight at me.

Felix finally turns to Theo, "Swell," he says flickering his eyes back to me.