Chapter 9: Sieger's Back!

It has been a week since I left the Netherlands, and yes! Finally, I'm back! 7 long and tiring days and what I'm seeking now is Marc, which I'll meet later this afternoon. I still have a jet lag since the Philippines and the Netherlands has two different time zones which has a very wide gap. I am very excited to share what I've experienced in the Philippines, such an amazing country, to the people who missed me here, especially Marc. Meanwhile, Ed and Dad are on their rooms unpacking their bags from the travel. I decided to just lay a bit since I am really, seriously affected by the jet lag. A few weeks from now, school will soon start. I am very much excited moving on to the tenth grade.

It's almost Three in the afternoon when I met Marc at the snack bar. He smiled at me as I approached him, and as soon as I'm close enough he gave me a hug, a tight hug as if I was lost for years. He looked left and right to check if there's someone watching and then he kissed me in the lips.

"How are you?" he asked.
"I'm good, I miss you so much." I answered.
"How's your trip?"
"It's GREAT. We've been into beautiful places, Here I'll show you the pictures."

He browsed my pictures and poked fun of how awful I look when I got too much sun. I gave his souvenirs and he was happy that I thought of him even if I'm thousands of miles away from him then. After finishing our snacks we ride our bikes to the lake. The sun is almost setting at the time we reached the lake. We both sat on the grass and he decided to lay his head on my lap. I brushed his hair with my fingers and he stared blankly in the water, we just cherished the moment that we are together again now. Our hearts can't have the right words to express how much we missed each other even if we are just separated for a week.

"What are you planning to do after finishing senior high school?" he asked.
"Uh, maybe I'll have a diploma in film? and you?"
"Maybe I'll just go for the music school, You know how much I love playing saxophone."
"What about running? Wouldn't you miss racing?"
"Yes, of course I'm not setting that away, maybe I'll apply for the varsity as well."
"Nice, I'll probably do that too."
"What if we'll compete with each other someday?"
"That's not gonna happen, we are a team."
"Forever?"
"Forever."

He placed his hands on my face and he stroked and gently, his delicate touch made me kiss him on the lips. And then after kissing we both stared at the blue-violet-gray colored sky. We both stood and rode our bikes back home and promised to text each other as soon as we get back home. Before we separate lanes, he kissed me again and wished my safety going back and I wished that to him too. The sun is finally set, and the street lights started to open. It was a good day, and it's not yet over.