Chapter 6: The Tropical Summer Dream

It is mid September and summer is about to end, so my Dad decided to spend our last days of vacation out of the country. He is choosing between three destinations, Philippines, Japan, and South Korea. This asian countries has so much to offer, and I find these countries interesting as well. Dad has been earning for this trip and he wants to spend the money wisely, so as Americans say, we are going Dutch meaning we are going to be money wise. My dad choose the Philippines because 1. The sceneries are good, each part of the country has so much to offer. 2. We can never go wrong with the food! They have a very wide range of food choices since this country is occupied by the Spanish, Japanese, and then Americans until liberation in the late 1940's. 3. People live simple here, specially in the Provinces, so that means less money spending. 4. My Dad has a friend there who owns a resort, and Filipinos are very accommodating, so the Guy offered free stay for us. 5. And of course, the people. They are very positive in life, and I just knew that they are also one of the happiest people on earth no matter what happens , so much alike with us, the Dutch.

There's not much to see in Manila so we went north, so we had a 30 minute connecting flight to Laoag International Air Port from Manila. The moment we arrived in the city we are adorned by lays which is composed of tropical flowers such as Jasmine, Gumamela, and Sampaguita. It is very warm here, it is 29 degrees celsius here according to the weather indicator. That's what I like in the Philippines, people say it is always sunny in the North. We are fetched by a shuttle bus going to the resort, Oh God I loved the beach! The fine white sand is luring me and the breeze is warm, I've never had this feeling before. Weather hates the Netherlands so much, so there are only few days when the sun is visible in the day sky.

 Weather hates the Netherlands so much, so there are only few days when the sun is visible in the day sky

Marc did not know yet about this

Marc did not know yet about this. But soon he will, I'll stay in the Philippines for a week and I think it is not too much to ask him. Besides I am spending it with my family, so he's not going to be mad at me. I assure him that I will buy him some goods when I get back to the Netherlands. Via a long distance call, I reached Marc in the other side of the world, literally.

"Yes? Who's this.?" Marc seemed so puzzled.

"It's me Sieger."