Chapter 10: Inside Tom's heart

"Well, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart,
But your blade - it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard,
Yeah, I may snap and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart"
-Sia, Elastic Heart

                It's been a long time since the last time I fell in love with a girl. It has been 2 years since we broke up with my first girlfriend. It was not a good break up, I discovered that she's cheating on me. No, I did not get mad at her. I tried to save what's left on us. I gave her a chance to reflect on what she did and she don't regret at all. So that's it, we broke up. I spent my life reflecting on what went wrong on us. I can't move on immediately at that time. She's my first girl friend and I did love her a lot. Now, I had heard rumors that the man who took her from me cheated on her too, so that's what karma do to people who don't feel contented on what they have. Look at what she lost now.

                It's a rainy afternoon when I've met Jessica. I've noticed her sitting in a café with a common friend of ours, Kim. I went to the café to take shelter because of the hard raining that went all day long. Jessica, on the other hand, just like the weather, is gloomy at the time I've seen her. I don't know why, but it's almost automatic for me to approach a sad person whenever he/she is looks sad/depressed. She noticed me too, I caught her stealing glances at me, and so I smiled at her. She seemed so shocked when I approached her, and the good thing is there's Kim, so I have an excuse to get in their table.

I like the way how she smiled when I asked her name, I am glad that her blues disappeared the moment I approached her. I am not a pro in terms of girls talk, so I just sat there listening to their conversations, I don't care if I look out of place what matters is, I will know her. I whispered to Kim that I'm into Jessica, and Kim smiled as if she's giving me a go signal. So I talked to Jessica myself, uh, we had a casual talk, the regular questions, like getting to know each other. I think it's too early for me to declare my love for her at the moment since I just met her.

She said that she's into playing the violin. I am surprised that she plays the violin too! I had my Violin lessons as early as seven and it is my first love next to relay race. That's the moment I've got the chance to know her. The conversation went on and we exchanged numbers then.  We're dating for a month now and I'm having such a good time with her. I love the way we spend our afternoons strolling with our bikes and stopping at the park talking about life. We had a lot of alikeness so I assume that we will be compatible if I'll win her heart.

             She did not open to me yet the reason why she and Sieger broke up. She said it is hard for her to open it because she herself didn't know what did not go well on the course of their relationship. She concluded that maybe Sieger isn't ready yet for that kind of relationship. But thats what she knows so she's not really sure yet. But somehow I got clues, but I won't tell her because I can't trade the trust of the team for my personal advancement. Yeah, I knew that Marc and Sieger has been dating for a while now. They spend so much time flirting with each other after our practices. And they go to the lake more often. Homosexuality isn't a big thing for me and I don't give a fuck about it. I accept people for who they are as long as they respect others too. Respect begets respect, that's what my Mom told me when I was 10. I'm proud of them.