"I'm here to talk to you and your family. You guys aren't the only vamps here." My eyes grew, and I remembered the principal,

"There are more vamps? More than just you and the principal?" Ashton's eyebrows raised, when I mentioned the principal. He seemed surprised that I already knew.

"I think we should speak inside. It'll be more private." He said speaking more seriously. I nodded, and we walked towards the front door. Before, Ashton reached the door, it swung open. Revealing a very angry older brother.

"You're not coming inside. You're not stepping inside of my house. Elizabeth, I thought I told you to stay away from this dog." Ashton snarled, revealing his fangs. Thomas extended his fangs right back. Mom stepped out, looking shocked,

"Thomas, I've never seen you like this. Stop, and go inside. I'm sure there's a reason that this young man is here." To be honest, I was shocked too. I've never really seen Thomas angry, or overprotective before. It's kind of funny, seeing Thomas angry.

"Moms right, Thomas. Go inside, and drink some tea or something." With one last glare directed towards Ashton. Thomas reluctantly, walked inside. Mom smiled at Ashton who pushed his fangs back in,

"Now, come inside." We both nodded, and walked inside. When we came inside, mom shut the door. Mom gestured, towards the living room. Thomas was already seated there, chewing on a few ice cubes. If the air didn't feel so serious, I would've laughed at his grumpy face.

"Sit." We both sat down on the sofa. Me beside Thomas, and Ashton beside me. Mom sat across from us. We heard a toilet flush, and a door open. We all looked over at Uncle, who was whistling with a newspaper in his hand. We all looked confused. Vampires don't really use the bathroom, it's rare when we do. Uncle gave us a sheepish grin,

"I've been holding that in for twenty hours straight. So, I wouldn't recommend going in that bathroom for at least a month. Luckily, you guys have more bathrooms in this castle." Uncle joked. When he noticed no one laughed, he let out a low, long whistle.

"Well, this is awkward. I'm gonna be upstairs. Most likely listening to your conversation. Have fun." With that said, uncle walked upstairs, whistling. I cracked a small smile. Uncle is so weird.

"You're inside now. Start talking." Mom said, looking questionably at Ashton. Ashton cleared his throat,

"Well, you see. The vampires that live in this town have created a sort of pack, like wolves. We stick together, and let people join. And, we protect the town. I've looked through our records, and even though you guys have been here for a hundred years, you're not apart of the pack." Mom nodded,

"The leader of your pack knows that we're here, though. He's a friend, and he knew we were...grieving about what happened. So, he let us stay." This whole conversation was confusing. Pack? Like wolves? This feels like another twilight movie.

"Yes, well I kind of talk to him about it. And, we both agree that you have done enough grieving, and it's about time you join the pack." Moms eyes grew. She opened her mouth to speak, but Ashton continued,

"The leader has recently found his mate. And, they're throwing a ceremony. This friday. He wants you guys to come to the ceremony, to get to know people. And, help welcome his mate." Now, I was very confused.

"What is a mate?" I questioned softly. Mom eyes grew, like she just suddenly remembered I was there. Did mom know about this stuff, and didn't tell us? Judging by the look in her eyes, the answer is yes.

"A mate." Ashton said, making my eyes snap to his, "Is kind of like a soulmate. You can't live without each other." He was staring at me intently. I raised an eyebrow when he continued to stare. Suddenly, it felt like it was just him and I in the room. That changed, when Thomas cleared his throat. I looked away from Ashton. My cheeks felt hot.

"I'm still confused." I said softly, mom nodded, "I'll explain everything later." I nodded, hating the fact that mom knew about this stuff, and didn't even tell us. That's just messed up.

"Well, if we must then I guess we'll go. Thanks for telling us, Ashton." Mom said, nodding at him. He nodded back. His eyes returned to me,

"I'll see you tomorrow." He glared at Thomas, and walked out. When I heard the door shut I turned to mom, "What's going on? With this pack thing? And, the mate thing?" I asked and mom scratched the back of her neck, awkwardly,

"The mate thing, I'll explain later. When you're ready. And, the pack thing is simple. The vampires in this town created a pack. A group, that protects the town. There's a leader, and a second in command. Just like wolves." I nodded, understanding now.

"Oh okay. I get it now." Mom nodded, and smiled.

"Now go in the kitchen. I didn't make this spaghetti for nothing. You too, Thomas." Thomas nodded, but made no room to leave. Mom left and I turned to Thomas,

"You need to calm down. Ashton just wanted to talk about this pack thing. That's all." Thomas shook his head, and sighed,

"Is there something going on between you two?" He suddenly asked. My eyes grew, and I shook my head. What in the world?

"No." I answered quickly with confidence, "Why?" I questioned. Thomas shook his head,

"I just feel like there is. It was just a feeling." He stood up, and walked towards the kitchen. When he noticed that I was still seated, he raised an eyebrow,

"You coming." I nodded, "In a sec." He nodded, and walked into the kitchen. I sighed, and stared at the empty seat, Ashton was just seated in. I could even smell, his manly smell. Cologne, and musk. I liked it. I took I'm a deep breath, one question running through my mind.

What are mates?

__________________Its been a week___________________

I've been in Washington D.C. For the last week. Since Monday, actually. I just got back. It was so fun. The taxi drivers, drive crazy. This one taxi driver was smoking, while he was driving. And, he was sitting back casually like he wasn't smoking a cigarette while driving like a maniac. I know that New York taxi drivers, drive worst than that.

I rode a subway for the first time, and many times after that. They're fast. Also, everyone either walks, takes a subway, or a bus. Or, drive. I love it. The hotels pool was small. The room smelled like...bleach. It was hot and humid in the room. But, the air conditioner was on, and the pool was cold. So, it was cold and hot. I was in the jacuzzi during most of it.

I was in the gym room with a few friends, and I saw this guy. He had amazing eyes and we kept making eye contact. It made me think, 'Wow. Even in Washington I still have game.' Anyway, he spoke a different language. I don't know what it was, but I know they spoke English, also.

We rode a train there and back. A ten or twelve hour ride. My butt was numb most of the time, but it was my first time riding a train. It was pretty cool. Bought a whole bunch of Obama stuff, and Washington stuff. Even got a shirt from forever 21 and a Y.O.L.O necklace. So, I spent most of my money.

Anyway, that's where I've been. I hope you guys like the chapter. I've missed this story. Even if it's only been a week.

Books of the moment: The Girl who cried wolf, The bad boy and the nerd, Started with a lie, and Dorm Room 210

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

....MESSAGE?