Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Wow. I've never felt so warm. I snuggled into this new found warmth, and sighed in content. A girl could get use to this. Suddenly, the warmth moved, causing me to move with it. Actually, I couldn't really move at all, something was holding me down.

The warmth shifted again, causing me to groan and follow it again. It wasn't until I heard the warmth snore, when I realized that this warmth may have been a person. At that thought my eyes snapped opened, and I looked up to see a snoring Ashton.

At first I wanted to scream, I didn't realize we fell asleep together...in my bed. With him in it. But, when I noticed the way he looked, innocent, I decided to stare at him. Creepy? But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

His eye-lashes were almost to his cheek, and his lips looked so soft and pink and inviting, and slightly open. I noticed a few beauty marks, so I started to trace them. He shifted, and caught my fingers with his hand.

His eyes slowly opened and he gave me a soft smile, "Go back to sleep." He murmured in a deep sexy voice, that made me want to just melt in a puddle. I smiled, and ran my hair through his soft hair, he groaned causing me to giggle.

I laid my head on chest, and yes he was in the clothes he was in the night before. Sadly. I signed, relaxing in my bed. Just sleeping the morning away with my mate. Life couldn't be more perfect-

I sat up and glanced at the clock. The time read eleven a.m. Oh crap, vampires never sleep in this late. They're probably downstairs wondering what was going on. What if they walked in like they did last night? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna say? I stood up and started to pace the room.

I could tell them that I was sick. Yeah, that would be so...stupid, I'm a vampire. Vampires don't get sick. Okay, something else. I could say I went out. Out where? I barely know people here, and when do I go out with humans. Wait, do I even dislike humans anymore? Hmm....

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. Ashton rested his head on my shoulder, "Eli, please stop walking. It's making me dizzy." I laughed and turned in his embrace,

"You need to leave," I said, not beating around the bush. He pouted, causing my eyes to drift to his oh-so kissable lips.

"We found out that we're mates, and we decided to be a couple. Yet you're still mean to me." I laughed, and kissed his pouting lips. He shook his head at me and swooped down to kiss me, but I pulled back before he could,

"I would love for you to stay here with me, but like I said earlier. You have to go. I don't want my mom or worst Thomas to walk in and find you here. Besides, I already have to make up an excuse, I've been up here for too long." Ashton rolled his eyes,

"Eli, all you have to say is you went hunting." He said, like it was the most obvious thing. I frowned, why didn't I think of that? He smirked and leaned down,

"Now, Can I kiss you?" I smiled and nodded and he leaned down, when suddenly I heard footsteps heading towards my room. I quickly pushed Ashton towards the window, and he used his vamp speed to get out.

The door opened and Thomas peeked in, "I thought I heard voices." I looked down and chewed on my bottom lip,

"Must've been humans outside or something. It's just me in here." I said, like it was the most obvious thing. Thomas nodded and stepped in the room. I felt Ashton's presence just outside of the window. Act cool, Elizabeth. Act cool. I said in my mind.

"So, it was just you in here. No one else." I nodded and suddenly Thomas smirked,

"I can't believe you just lied in my face, Elizabeth." My eyes grew, and Thomas walked over to the window. He opened it, "Come inside, lover boy." Ashton stepped inside looking sheepish. I groaned, shoot.