Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The doorbell ranged, and mom told me to get it. I groaned, and basically dragged myself to the door. School just ended, and we just got home. I avoided the principal because for one, I was so exhausted from being chased and being watched, that I didn't have the energy to confront.

"Mom." I whined, half-way to the door. "Why can't Thomas get the door. It's so far away." I sat on the floor. Mom walked out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand. She waved it around.

"Elizabeth, go get that door. Before I shove this spoon somewhere." My mom has been hanging around Uncle for far too long. I rolled my eyes, and stood up. Okay, Elizabeth. You can do this. You once beat five vamps, when you were just five years old...in human years. And, the five vamps were five too. But, that's beside the point.

You can get that door. And, when you finally get that door you're gonna greet that person. If the person wasn't worth this, than you can always slam the door in their face.

Gosh, my conscious is so...inspiring. Seriously, my conscious should be a motivational speaker. I stood up, and used my vamp speed to reach the door. Mom was still standing there watching me. She shook her head, and walked back into the kitchen.

I looked through the peephole, and my heart dropped. What Is he doing here? I looked around nervous. Mom came back and gave me a stern look, "Elizabeth open the door." I nodded, and she walked back into the kitchen.

I slowly opened the door, and frowned at the face I saw. I looked around to make sure that this was real. And, that Collin was actually on my doorstep. With a dish filled with macaroni and cheese.

"Uh, Collin? What are you doing here?" I asked and his cheeks turned pink. I stood there patiently waiting for him to answer my question.

"I-I...uh, my mom thought it would be nice, to send over some food. Macaroni and cheese. She wants to have you guys over, for dinner. Tomorrow night." Mom came out of the kitchen,

"Babe, who is it?" I rolled my eyes at my mom, and gestured towards Collin,

"Mom this is Collin. I go to school with him. He brought food." Mom smirked, and basically checked Collin out. "Collin this is my mom." I made the appropriate hand gestures.

"Collin please come inside. I just made spaghetti." She gestured for him to come inside. And, he did. I bet this was a dream come true for him. To look inside the 'haunted house'.

When Collin wasn't looking, mom mouthed 'He's hot' to me. I rolled my eyes,

"Collin's mom invited us for dinner. Tomorrow night." I said, watching as Collin stared at our family portrait. It was made about a hundred years ago. But, he doesn't need to know that.

"Oh, did she?" Mom questioned, "That would be lovely. I can't really turn down an offer for food." Collin chuckled. Collin and mom began talking. I was still trying to convince myself that Collin was actually in my house.

"Mom, Is someone at the door-" Thomas stopped when he noticed Collin standing by my mom. Collin jumped, and I held back a smirk,

"Woah, I didn't even hear you come down the stairs." Thomas visibly paled. Collin laughed, and we did too. Ours, we're of course, fake.

"Yeah, I wanted to scare the girls. I didn't mean to freak you out, buddy." Thomas said, his color coming back. Collin nodded smiling. I sighed, this is so weird.

"So Collin, would you like to come join us for dinner. Like I said earlier, it's spaghetti." Mom said politely. Collin shook his head, after hesitating.