Shes got me Spinning 'round

Marinette woke up a few minutes after Adrien. She looked down at home from up
in her bed. She smiled warmly as she made her way down to him.

"Morning Adrien."

She said walking over to him. He held his phone in his hand and looked through the photos of him and his mom.

"Sometimes I blame myself for her leaving. I tell myself that if I was a better son maybe she'd still be here. And other days I blame her. It was her choice you know? She didn't have to leave... But she did."

Marinette pulled him close to her. She held his head in her heads and leaned on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault Adrien. Don't ever blame yourself."

Adrien shook his head.

"It's my fathers fault. Even before she left he was a little stubborn and harsh. He was always working and got violent when he was angry. Now it's even worse. He's never home, he's beating Nathalie, and he forces me to do what he says."

Marinette kissed his cheek and ran her fingers through his hair.

"My mom used to sing me a song when I got upset or angry. I still sing it to this day."

Marinette giggled softly.

"Can I hear?"

Adrien laughed and nodded, he put his arm around Marinettes waist and layed back on the couch.

"Of course, M'lady."

Before Adrien could get a word out, they heard loud yelling coming from downstairs.

Marinette opens the match just a bit and peeked through.

She gasped and closed and locked it.

"It's your dad!"

Adrien jumped off the couch and ran up the steps and opens the trap door to the roof. Marinette ran after him.

"Should we transform?"

Adrien shook his head.

"There's no time. Let's just climb down the back of the bakery."

Marinette grabbed his arm and pulled him to her.

"Adrien listen I know your scared, but he's your dad! You can't run away from him your entire life. I don't want you in pain nor do I want you to suffer, but I think it would beat for you to talk to him. Try to sort things out... maybe even tell him your chat noir."

Adrien shook head. Tears filling his eyes as he pulled his arm out of Marinettes grasped and back away.

"No, no, n-no I can't! You don't understand. My entire life was like prison! Stuck in my house. Not allowed to make friends or go to school like a normal kid. I can't go back to that."

Marinette felt tears as well. They fell from her eyes as she unlocked the trap door.

"I love you Adrien, but running away solves nothing."

The trap door swung open, and there stood Gabriel.

His face red with anger but his eyes filled with worry.

He jumped onto the roof and pulled Adrien into a hug.

"Don't you ever run away like that again. You scared me half to death Adrien. I can't loose you like I lost your mom."

Marinette stood a few feet away drying her tears. She didn't think Adrien would ever forgive her. She might have just lost the one thing in her life that matters to her. And that hurt her. But if it meant Adrien would resolve things with his father and find happiness, she's do anything.