Chapter 25. Mad Hatter

Start from the beginning

"So, where exactly do you stand with Scott?" I decided to change the topic, because it feels like he is switching sides on me and I don't like. 

Not less than 24 hours ago we were both on the same side when it came to keeping Scott out of things because we wanted to work without him. We were both angry with him. Now, it seems like I'm the only one that is still angry and I don't like it. Stiles has switched to Scott's side over mine and it's pissing me off. I always take his side, so that should mean by default that he always takes my side. 

He decided to look up at me this time, "He's my best friend." 

"Okay? He's my brother... that doesn't mean that I'm completely over what he did." I stated evenly. 

The back door decided to swing open at that moment and Scott walked over to us, his bag in his hand. He glanced between Stiles and myself in confusion, "What did I miss?" 

"Nothing. I was just leaving." I muttered as I turned on my heel and made my way back into the house. They can go to Shiprock without me. I'm definitely not going now. 

As I walked through the kitchen, I caught sight of a very distraught Liam standing in the threshold to the living room. When he saw me his eyes widened considerably. I smirked, "Don't look so surprised to see me, I do live here." 

"What? I know... I just haven't, uh, seen you in awhile." he stated nervously. 

I nodded once, "Yeah, I heard you've been keeping to yourself after you tried to kill Scott." 

"So, they told you about that?" he sighed as he ran his hands over his face awkwardly. 

Did he honestly think that they wouldn't tell me? Is he stupid? 

"Yeah, they did." I responded harshly. 

Liam bit down on his lip, "You kind of hate me now, don't you?" 

"Let's get one thing straight, Liam." I stated as I took a step towards him, "If anyone is going to kill my brother, it's gonna be me. So, next time you get your little were puppy undies in a twist, don't go trying to kill my brother, because the outcome won't go so smoothly for you." 

He swallowed thickly, "Kasey--" 

"I'm not done." I snapped feverishly, my anger was taking over and sadly Liam was going to have to take in most of it because he's the closest one and plus I am mad at him, too. I was now standing an inch away from him, "Scott saved your life, whether you believe it or not, he did. He's done a lot for you, we all have, and the way you repay him is attempting to kill him over a girl that you hardly know? A girl that you used to hate? He's gonna forgive you eventually, because that's the type of person that Scott is... me on the other hand, I'm not so forgiving." 

Liam was speechless as he just stared at me, letting my rage sink in. It felt good to get a sort-of release off of this volcanic anger. I know snapping at him and saying harsh things doesn't help the situation much, but I'm not thinking logically right now. 

"Glad we had this talk." I stated as I turned around and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. 

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be doing tonight, but I have a copy of the security footage from the communication towers saved on my laptop so I can analyze it further. Not that I think I'll find anything that Stiles didn't already point out, but it doesn't hurt to watch over it a few more times. Maybe I'll take a trip back down to the communication towers and see if there is anything else there that we could have missed. Our investigation in the tunnels did get cut rather short due to Theo's unannounced visit.