Chapter 21. Broken Hearts Club

Text From: Momma Bear

Stiles is at the hospital. Get here ASAP.

I glanced at the small screen of my phone as I sat at a stoplight. I had no idea where I was going but I knew that I was looking for Stiles, and thankfully my mom had found him for me. I would have been driving all over Beacon Hills trying to find him. I guess it makes sense that he would go to the hospital though, so I would have been driving around like an idiot.

The light switched green and I put the phone in my back pocket as I quickly sped up so I could get to the hospital as quickly as possible. I wasn't sure exactly how Stiles was going to react to seeing me, but I need to see him. I need to make sure that his dad is okay. I need to make sure that he is okay. More importantly, I need to make sure that we are okay.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Scott had asked me, and what he had said as I left the house. Had he lost me? I'm not sure. I mean, he definitely lost a part of me and I don't know if he will ever be able to get that part back, but has he lost me for good? Had I lost him for good?

Thankfully, I arrived at the hospital before I had more time to think about it. I was more concerned with Stiles at the moment, so I pushed Scott to the back of my mind and found the nearest parking spot to the door that I could get. Once I was sure that the doors were locked, I put the keys in my pocket and jogged through the ER doors.

His dad would be in the emergency room right? Unless, they already have him in a surgery but that shouldn't matter, Stiles should be in the ER waiting room. It made the most sense to me, so when I entered the hospital my main goal was to pick him out amongst the group of people in the chairs.

I noticed him almost immediately. He was sitting in the dead center of the first row of chairs, his head buried in his hands. My mom briskly approached me, "He didn't want me to contact you."

I winced slightly, "Yeah, we're kind of having a thing. Thanks."

"Don't take anything he says to heart, he's worked up right now." she said quickly before she disappeared with a clipboard.

I took a deep breath before walking over to him. I crouched down in front of him and placed my hands on his knees. He jumped slightly, but when he noticed it was me he let out a sigh. Whether it was a tired or aggravated sigh, I'm not sure... but at least he wasn't yelling at me.

"She called you, didn't she?" he asked as he avoided my gaze.

"Texted, actually." I responded softly.

He nodded to himself, "What about Scott? Did she call him too?"

"I have no idea," I admitted honestly.

When I left the house, Scott was laying in bed trying to heal himself. I'm not exactly sure if he was up for coming to the hospital to see Stiles, plus they kind of have this thing going on that's bigger than the thing that Stiles and I have going on.

Stiles groaned, "I didn't want you to be here."

Okay, that stung.

"Too bad, I'm here, So, how's your dad? Was I right?" I asked hesitantly.

He nodded once, "Yeah, he was in the basement of that house."

I sighed in relief, at least one thing went according to plan. Even though I didn't technically save Scott, he's alive now and so is Stiles' dad so that's all that matters. I beat Theo. They're both alive and Theo can kiss my ass because I did exactly what he said I wouldn't be able to do.

"How long have you been sitting here?" I inquired, because I wasn't sure how long his dad has been at the hospital.

Stiles blinked back some tears and wiped at his eyes, "Kasey, I'm trying really hard to be mad at you but I just can't... I can't do this. I'm not cut out for this. What if I lose him? Oh my God, what if he dies?"