"Are you sure you want to continue?" I asked.  "You must be tired from working all day."

Thorin shook his head.  "I would love to breathe fresh air myself, my-," he paused, bent his head for a moment before looking back at me.  "Aleanna."

I shrugged.  From here, we would follow a path towards the grassy knoll where Jürgen would be waiting.  I knew he would be surprised that I'd brought a guest, but it seemed that I did not have a choice, although I had to admit that I liked having Thorin walking next to me.  Even without his princely coat, he radiated a masculinity that I found my body responding to, my cheeks blushing at the thought of his hand touching my face. 

During our walk, I asked Thorin how long they intended to stay in the town, knowing that just like the first wave of dwarves who had come before him, he would leave as soon as he and his people would gather enough supplies for their migration south.

"We leave in a fortnight," Thorin replied, his eyes watching my face longer than I was comfortable being gazed at.  "We need to head south of Mirkwood before traveling west through Rohan while the weather remains cool.  Maybe we will stop at Dunland for some time, for it is a town big enough to house the dwarves who have come with me."  He sighed.  "It will be difficult for my people when winter comes if we wait too long."

"Our town is quite small to accommodate all your dwarves?" I asked.

Thorin nodded.  "We have set camp just south of the town," he said.  "The able-bodied seek work in this town as well as the neighboring town, so we can replenish our supplies for the journey."

"Are they many wounded?" I asked.

"Yes, there are some.  Most of the wounded journeyd to the Iron Hills but a few have insisted on coming on this journey.  Yet we manage," he added proudly. 

For a few minutes we were silent, and I realized then that I would miss Thorin's company, even though I'd barely had time to get to know him.  I was only the seamstress tasked to fix his coat after all.

"Tell me about the town," Thorin said as he glanced back at the town behind us, the figure of the lone dwarf following us now visible even to him, yet he did not question it.  Around us the birds were singing and a light breeze blew from the East, ruffling his dark hair.

"Greenbanú is a small town, much smaller than most towns you have probably stayed in," I began.  "But we are blessed with the forest to the West and River Running to the north of us from where many streams flow to give us our water.  You must have passed the Old Forest Road before coming here as well, which cuts through Mirkwood though it is dangerous to use because of goblins."

I became silent again, realizing that it was goblins that had slain my parents as they traveled with a caravan along the Road.  Thorin did not say anything, choosing instead to be silent as we began to follow the path going up the hill.    

"Our town does not have a formal Master or leader but Lialam takes on that role simply because he is the wealthiest and owns most of the buildings that you see."   At this I turned around so that we were looking down on the town before us.  I pointed to a two story structure at the western edge of town bordered by a high gate.  "That is Lialam's house."

"It is closest to the forest," Thorin remarked and I nodded.  "But didn't you say goblins lurk in the forest?  Isn't he afraid?"

I shook my head. "Goblins are found much deeper within the forest, I believe, and also much closer to the Misty Mountains to the west of us."

"You are well versed with your geography, Aleanna," Thorin said and I found myself reddening at the sound of my name leaving his lips. I turned around and followed the path again, hoping he did not notice though my hood still covered most of my face.