Chapter Four- Rising from the Ground

Начните с самого начала

I turned these emotions into songs and now whenever I hear people sing them, I feel like Camila was so close.

This is our love story, the story I would always wanted to hear over and over again and I will never get tired because I hope that one day, Camila would show up to me in the middle of a grocery or gas station and tell me: I heard your songs and made me cry every night.

And she could punch me in the face if she wants. Not that I want to torture her but this is my way of sending her messages without her family getting in the way. I want her to know how my love for her is a forever kind of feeling. I want her to know that I am fulfilling my promise of forever. This is her dream for me, to be successful and reach my dreams and I know she's going to be happy.

I was faced with such a lovely crowd once again. Breathing out, I sat there in front as lights dancing with the rythm of the piano.

"Sing with me, Maryland." I said and began to feel the music by closing my eyes.

Why do we say goodbye
When there's no good in it at all?
My eyes just won't keep dry
Every tear is a waterfall
I'm holding on to all the memories I can recall
Now I cherish every moment, big or small

Now that you're gone
I hold on to all the laughs we shared and I'll never forget your smile
oooooh
We've said hello a million times
But the hardest thing to do is say goodbye
Goodbye
It's so hard, to say goodbye

Not a day comes that I don't wish you were near
But wherever you are, I'm still holding you right here, here in my heart
I hope and pray, that I'll see you once again
'Til then I'll be looking forward to that day
We've said hello a million times
But the hardest thing to do is say goodbye
Goodbye
It's so hard, to say goodbye

This is probably one of the most heartfelt songs I have ever written. I was back in our house in Miami when I decided take a pen and an old notebook and write the things I wanted to say. The words that was scribbled in the piece of paper seems like knives being stabbed right on my chest but it felt good, letting out all these emotions I have been feeling.

I bid my goodbyes on the crowd and walked my way down the hallways leading to the backstage where my parents and friends were waiting. It was the last quarter of my summer tour and so far, I was really enjoying the life in the road, I get to see really beautiful people and what's very fulfilling about being someone influencial was that I could affect their lives and get them to feel better when they feel weak and be the voice that would represent them and what they want the world to know especially young women like me. One day, I met this 17-year-old girl who dated a douchebag and treated her like shit but despite all her hardships, she stayed in love with him and believed that he would change for the better. I told her to dump him coz if she won't, I would break in his house only to break his face and she would never like to hear flashnews of a pop singer, punching a guy's face right in his own house because of a girl. In the end, she met a good guy who loved her whole-heartedly and I felt like a hero proudly watching the fruits of my labor.

"Lauren," Dave, my road manager, called out. He was standing next to Demi who was giving me a sweet smile. "We have some news for you." We all looked at him with interest and whatever this news is, I hope it's not a bad one.

"What is it?" I asked them.

"We're cancelling out the tour finale in Seattle because of some problem with the venue." he explained, gaining a look of frustration and confusion from all of us.

"Where am I suppose to play for this tour's finale?" I asked, worry and devastation was evident in my voice.

"There are a lot of cities that demand you to play for them but there's one that you will sure consider." Demi said, moving closer and took my hands to the both of hers.