Chapter Four- Rising from the Ground

Start from the beginning

"I will." I assured her and we both heard the voice of one of my front acts, Jasmine V.

"Everybody ready? Let's welcome, the People's Choice Awards' best Pop artist for two consecutive years and many other awards in music, the girl behind the songs that made us both cry and dance in joy, the girl with the most beautiful emerald eyes in all the world, the beautiful, Lauren Jauregui!"

she announced and the crowd absolutely gone wild, clapping and shouting my name. I ran on stage out of excitement and thanked Jasmine as she walk her way on the backstage and I was left with approximately 90,000 people, some of them were crying, some were just happy and I felt very overwhelmed of the love I was witnessing. I never thought I could stand in front of these amazing people and perform. I never even thought of being a singer, of being known, of my voice being finally heard and I never thought of affecting other people's lives.

"Hello, New York city!" I greeted and the loud deafening cheer from the crowd made my heart jump in happiness and excitement. I wanted to cry from overwhelmingness of support and love I have been receiving but I know it wasn't the right time to burst out emotions, luckily the music to my track started to fill the place and I began to relax and concentrate on my performance.

If you take my pulse right now it would feel just like a seldgehammer oh
If you could feel my heartbeat now
it would hit you like a sledgehammer

I don't admit it, I play it cool
but every minute that I'm with you
I feel the fever and I won't lie
I break a sweat, my body's tellin'
All the secrets I ain't told you yet
oh oh
I struggle to contain the love that's in my vains and how it circulates

If you take my pulse right now it would feel just like a seldgehammer oh
If you could feel my heartbeat now
it would hit you like a sledgehammer
You taken over the beat of my body
you just don't let up
But you lift me up

So close together
So far apart
You're turning me on and my fire's waiting for your spark
oh oh
I struggle to contain the love that's in my vains and how it circulates
**
The truth is out no stopping now I'm getting closer
I've had enought undress my love I'm coming over

If you take my pulse right now it would feel just like a seldgehammer oh
If you could feel my heartbeat now
it would hit you like a sledgehammer

"Hey!" I called out. "Did you guys know that this is the very city where everything started? I was in my guy bestfriend's birthday party in his restaurant where I used to work as an assistant chef when I was forced to sing in front of everyone. I was incredibly shy performing back then especially in front of 'The Demi Lovato' who I look up to since I was young and I seriously feel like I was in The X Factor or American Idol. But she smiled widely and I was like, Yes! She likes me! And I felt like I won first place, which is kind of really just, crazy. So anyway, I'm really glad to be back and I will never leave without visiting the empire state building and yelling out I'm the queen of the world or something." I stated and the crowd laughed and screamed out.

"I hope you guys enjoy this night." I gave them my warmest smile and the music to my next song, Don't Wanna Dance Alone, filled the whole place.

--

I studied with a scholarship in New York University of Art and I have my own gallery now. While in college, I also joined glee club after few encouragements from my friends especially Stacy who was the captain.

I managed to juggle up my time between studies, glee club and my job in the restaurant as the head chef. One day, record producer, Ms. Demi Lovato visited the restaurant on Jacob's birthday and I was forced to sing in front of everyone. She said she was looking for a singer, she invited me in her house and was asked to sing in front of her and I must say how impressed she was just by the way her eyes showed a lot of stars. She said, she can see her younger self in me. It wasn't too long when she asked me to sign up for her record label and front act for her concert. And from that, as they say, the next is history. I pursued a career in singing and left the restaurant. Whenever I sing, that's when I feel like I am in my element, I'm in a world where everything's peaceful and life brings nothing but happiness. And whenever I see people's faces being inspired of my songs and the things that I have been through, my heart almost wanted to burst out in happiness. I didn't exactly told the people about every single thing in my past, I just told them I was abused back in highschool, I had a mental illness, I was sent to a mental institution, I have been taking medications all my life, I fell in love in a wrong time and my heart got incredibly broken.