Don't ask me that

SAM'S POV-

As we payed for our tickets and walked through the gates that's when we saw them waiting around. 

Niall turned round first and waved us over. 

"Hey," he says to us all. I looked around but noticed there was only four of them, Harry was missing. 

"You alright?" Elle nudges me. 

"Yeah I'm fine," I smile back. She turns to Liam and hugs him, his hands staying around her waist. 

I'm just about to ask where Harry was when I see him walking around the corner. His hair is pushed back into a fedora, and his black sunglasses are covering his eyes. Even in this heat he's wearing a long sleeved thin shirt, showing off his chest tattoo, and denim shorts with converse on his feet. He looked gorgeous but I didn't show it. I could feel his eyes glaring into my back. 

"Hey," he says to the group. Everyone replies except me who's found a new interest in the buttons on my camera. 

"Sam?" He says. I look up and see everyone waiting for me to say something. 

"Hi, how are you?" I blurt out. He smiles weakly and looks at the ground. 

"I've been better," he says. Then he stays silent. You could cut the tension with a knife. 

"Will you come on a walk with me?" He asks holding his hand out. I nod but walk past his hand, knowing that if I touch him, I won't be able to let go. 

I walk alongside him, past the tigers, taking the odd picture in complete silence. 

"So I think we need to talk," he eventually says. 

"Yeah," I reply quietly. 

"I think you should tell me what happened, don't miss anything out," he says. And it's true, I do owe him the truth. 

So I start from the beginning. About the crowds. About the little girl. He keeps a straight face but I can see him clenching his jaw. Then I tell him about Caroline and then what happened at the concert. When I was finished he looked so sad. 

"I'm sorry that happened to you," is all he says. 

"It wasn't your fault," I tell him again. 

"Pfft," he says. 

"I'm sorry," I tell him. He stops walking and turns to face me, grabbing my hands. 

"I'm sorry too," he says. He stares into my eyes as he leans down. Warning bells ring loud in my head. Stop him Sam, my brain tells me but I freeze. He continues to move his head, and I don't move. I will myself to say stop or turn my head but I just can't, I can't stop staring at his lips. 

Eventually his they touch mine. I respond immediately, ignoring the voices in my head shouting. 

The kiss becomes deeper and he slides his tongue across my bottom lip asking for entrance.  

"Sam stop!" the voice in my head was screaming. This time I couldn't turn her off. "You're just going to hurt yourself more!" She shouts. And the bad thing is I know it's true. I turn my head so Harry ends up kissing my cheek. 

"I can't," I say putting my hands on his chest and pushing him away. He grabs them and pulls me close. 

"We can work this out Sam, whatever you need I can get for you," he pleads. 

"I'm sorry. I can't do it. I can't be told to die every single day. I can't have a panic attack every time we go out in public. It's not fair on you and it's not fair on me," I tell him. 

"Am I not worth it?" He asks me. 

"Don't ask me to answer that," I tell him. 

"I can't take no as an answer Sam," he says looking deadly serious. 

"Harry please," I beg him. I pull my hands away from him and step back, putting as much distance between us as possible, so he can't see the tears in my eyes as my heart breaks. He looks down and shakes his head, his hands wiping his eyes away. Was he crying? 

I didn't know what else to say so I started to walk off, back to the entrance. 

"I'm not giving up on you Sam!" He shouts to me. 

"Please don't," I whisper as the tears fall down my face.