Present~Part 20

At first, I couldn't walk. 

Ally had gotten up so easy, but I fell back onto the ground. Walking as a Slenderman was almost like gliding weightlessly across turf, but as a human the pressure hurt my knees and the grass tickled my feet since I didn't have any shoes. According to Siren, I hadn't been in my original human body in over two hundred years so it was natural for me to need a little bit of help.

Ally guided me by holding my hands and easing me forward. She was very quiet as she did this but she watched me closely. It was like teaching a baby to walk she had said. Elaina followed me from behind as Ally led me across the clearing. If I fell she'd catch me, and sadly she had to hold me up a few times. Harlot stood on the sidelines laughing. She didn't even try to hide it. 

It was extremely humiliating, but I got the hang of it after eight tries. In case I became unsteady again, Ally offered to hold my hand which made my human face blush. I blushed often. 

Soon, we were all walking through the forest. Inconspiciously, I led the way. Siren was very quiet but she watched us chatter from behind. Harlot told me all about how Xavier the Knight had come back for her once he had dropped me off. She had a dreamy look on her face, and Elaina reminded her that the vampire knight was too old for her. The elf girl scowled and denied her interest in the vampire, but it was a transparent mask and we all saw through it. 

After Elaina's meeting with us in the dungeon, Harlot and I had been trapped for a good week, according to Elaina herself. Ally was almost frozen in time in the capsule and didn't remember a thing during those icy days. Elaina explained that she had spent her time researching the Slendermen's whereabouts and hid it from her father. She had organized the vigalante group and had gotten many guards on her side, which included Xavier. She had told them all to act natural before the court session which explained the dirty looks and Xavier's wary attitude. 

It was quite impressive, and in my mind I made a mental note to forgive the knight if I ever saw him again. 

Elaina went on and said that the reason the ice capsule broke like it did was unknown. The original plan had been to break Ally out with our bare hands. All eyes were on Ally who just shrugged, but Siren's only input into the conversation that it must've been the magic that had lay deep within her.

" 'If there's a goal someone has in mind, their magic will sprout in no time.' " She recited. "I learned that when I was about your age." 

Siren didn't speak at all after that. 

During the conversation, Ally also reminisced about the day she was taken from her siblings. She explained they had been walking and all of a sudden Dracula had snuck up from behind and threw them to the ground. She had a pained look in her eye and I tried to tell her there was no need for a full explanation but she continued with a foggy gaze. She said they had been spared, but Jules excessive crying was too much for Dracula and he knocked her out with some sort of magic. Knowing that they were alive and well, I could tell she missed them.

Guilt clawed at my stomach. Ally had never looked so depressed, and I blamed myself for it. 

The sun was high in the sky by the time we were all filled in. Queen Siren had stopped us in the middle of our meaningless chirping. 

"It's time we go," She said in a calm tone. "There'll be a lot we need to straighten up back home." 

"Your Highness," Elaina bekoned timidly. "What will become of me?" 

Siren raised an eyebrow. "You'll be coming with us. To the Kingdom. You're still Princess, my dear, and in a way my daughter." 

Elaina's eyes went wide and she was speechless. Harlot flicked her cheek, but the princess continued to stare at the Queen in an admiring manner. In a way, it was frightening.