Present~Part 18

Everything was intense by this point. 

Bodies littered the floor, some dying and others dead. Harlot had blood splatters all over her, and Elaina had collapsed from the overwhelming smell of blood. The prisoners had almost been wiped out when they called another group in that was led by Knight Charles. He shot me an apologetic look for what had happened earlier, and I nodded as a truce. 

Dracula had summoned more guards and commanded them to attack where Jack and Jane were protecting Ally. The fog hadn't yet cleared from where the capsule once stood, but it was thin enough to where you could see the Killers fighting off the knights that came their way. The others who watched the fight go on were not allowed to leave the courtroom according to Dracula, and they hid in fear. 

The bleeding on my side continued. Alice the Vampiress had become the nurse of the battle. She patched up my arm wound and my side, but I could see the blood seeping through the gauze. For the few seconds I had with Alice, she explained that she had been Dracula's fiancée until he became King. I didn't have time to pity the immortal beauty because before long I jumped back into the fighting. 

I couldn't say exactly how long the fighting went on. 

"Sam!" I heard a shrill voice scream and I turned to see Harlot cornered by a few vampires. 

Her face was plastered with fear, and at full force I ran to her aid. She was frozen on the spot, and I knew that's when she was remembering the one she loved's death. A vampire had killed him, and they were about to kill her. 

I tossed the vampires away from Harlot as she fell to the floor with shock. Her green eyes were wide and her sword was shaking in her hand. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, patting her hair. 

She nodded and got back to her feet. "I'll be good, go for Dracula now." The look in her eyes were from terrified to furious. "Get him good." 

I nodded and stood up myself. If Harlot had overcome her fears, I could too. I watched her spring back into the midst of the battle before turning to focus on my mission. 

When I scanned the room, my heart sank as I saw that Dracula was no longer pacing up front. I darted through the battle, barely missing a vampire's fangs, and jumped over the fence to where Dracula once stood. The view twisted my insides. You could see everything from his seat. Harlot was fighting off a ghoul, Alice was fanning Elaina, Mothman fluttering in the air to retrieve the injured, a werewolf was entangled with an ogre, and so many others were involved. 

My emotions rushed into one as I reminded myself that they weren't just fighting for Ally and I, but it was a retaliation against Dracula. At least that's what Elaina had told me. 

Back in the dungeon, she told me that I had come at a pleasant time. The knights were sick of the way they were treated, the Higher Court was becoming skeptical of the King's ruler ship, and many other creatures wanted him to step down as King. It all fit together nicely. 

I heard a low growl from behind me and I whipped around just in time to fend off Dracula. This time you could tell it was him. His fangs had gotten longer and his eyes were red with anger. He hissed at me and recoiled before I could throw him across the fence. It was frightening compared to his usual appearance. 

"I'm going to kill you Slenderman." He snarled. 

"Finish what you started?" I scoffed before lunging for an attack. 

Dracula sensed my movements quickly and dodged my Hail Mary. He jumped to one side and dug his sharp nails into the bottom of my back. I held in my cry and made a sharp turn to try and fling him to one side. It worked momentarily, but the vampire was able to hover, stopping the throw, and landing safely. 

"Why did you create my kind Dracula?" I questioned as we began to circle each other. 

"For power," He replied sourly. "You were all supposed to be my minions, but it didn't work! Damn you all!" 

He pounced at my stomach but I used a back arm to grasp his shirt. Holding him in the air, I looked into his seething eyes and punched him across the face with another. I slammed him hard onto the ground, but before I could use my final technique, he tore his fangs into my stomach. 

Suddenly, everything had gone sort of hazy. My stomach was throbbing and I was stumbling. I could hear a voice. Whose voice was that? I looked around as the world began to spin. I could make out the battle, but many had stopped. They were pointing. Pointing at me? I could see Mothman dive down and lift me by my two arms. Oh, it felt good to fly. I was getting lighter and lighter. 

He placed me softly on the carpet. I was surrounded. A circle of people from both sides had stopped to look at me. Was it really that bad? There was a voice, a different one from the first time. A sweet, sweet voice. I knew that voice. That was her voice. 

My vision began to sharpen, and a face leaned over mine. Pink lips, flushed face, brown eyes, long eyelashes, long black hair leaning over and tickling my neck. Ally. She was crying. I watched her tears fall one by one. She was speaking to me but I couldn't hear very well. She was still beautiful when she cried. I didn't want her to cry. Why wasn't she with Jack and Jane? 

Someone else had spoken, but my vision was like a movie with no sound except for my heart beat. Who was speaking? Everyone's faces looked pained, and then jubilant. They were clapping. They were smiling. A vampire soldier and a werewolf actually hugged each other. Ally didn't take her eyes off of me. What had happened? 

Someone else was coming near. A girl with auburn hair and blood staining her cheeks with green eyes and many earrings. Harlot. She's shaking Ally's hand. Smiling. Why does this feel so unrealistic? Could I be dreaming? What was going on? Another person is coming. A torn dress, brown curls, silver eyes without curtains that gave away her every feeling. Elaina.

Her eyes were brimming with tears as she sat next to Harlot. Another woman stood by her now. She was lovely, very lovely. She was wearing a cloak similar to the hooded figures, but her hood was down. She had light pink hair and blue eyes against ivory skin. She assessed me carefully, smiled and said something but I couldn't hear. 

My vision was blurring again. 

Ally's face was overcome with grief. She was calling my name over and over. She was screaming for me. Screaming, screaming and screaming. Why wouldn't I move? I wanted to touch her face, stroke her cheek and hold her in my arms. Ally. My Ally. 

"Sam," She whispered once more. 

And then it was black.