14- Try To Be Normal

SONG Need U (100%), Duke Dumont

I'm worried about Mishu. He didn't come to school. He's probably taking it really hard. Life being changed in a flash before your eyes? His bones cracked and a monster took over his mind. He didn't even know who I was. Wesley didn't know anyone who could guide him through it and help. Vampires didn't associate with werewolves. It's not that they couldn't, they just didn't care to. It was after school and I was on my way to tryouts in my athletic clothes. I'm not a real athletic, but I can stretch my legs for a split or something, and dance.

"I'm weirdly happy about this. I never thought of myself as a cheer but it'll attract the boys!" Sage said.

"Oh my," I breathed.

We were on the vast school field waiting. There weren't a lot of girls here, maybe around ten. The way we'll try out is they'll show us a quick routine to do and see who can manage carrying it out. You're able to add in extra moves to show what you can do.

"Glad to see you made it Adair! Leni exclaimed.

"Yep."

We all got into a line and stepped forward if we were called. The routine they showed was particularly easy, for me at least. It was just lifting legs and arms and putting your hands on your hips. Is there any other kind of moves really? I did a split at the end of mine because that's really the only good thing I can do. Sage performed with a cartwheel.

"Yay!! Well give you guys the results now, just give us a few minutes," Leni said to us.

"I think we did good. Oh! If I get on the team, all those jocks will know me," Sage dreamed.

"Alright... we have the list of winners, and unfortunately we can't take all of you. The new members are:
Emily Luis
Alexis Brayden
Sage Evans
Makayla Blake
Adair Gray
Congratulations! Go Talmai High Centaurs!"

Out of the ten people, five got in. Seems fair because this plus their seventeen members makes twenty-two and that seems like enough. It's an even number. Both me and Sage got in which is quite interesting. It could be because we were both good, or that Leni is putting some plan in motion. Paranoia. Why do I always feel like someone's out to get me? Why do girls always want to pick on other girls? It doesn't make them superior. It stoops them low, but they don't realize that. Anyway... I should probably start talking so people don't think I'm too weird.

"Woah we both made it, I'm glad. I won't be alone," I laughed.

Aurora showed up.

"Aurora what are you doing here? The tryouts are over if you were going to."

"Oh, no, I'm actually team captain."

"Wait. I thought Leni was captain," I said surprised.

"Yeah she was, and I'm just a junior but they said I'm great at cheering and leading."

"So you basically knocked her out of her spot?" I let out a chuckle.

"Don't think of it that way! She agreed I would be great as Captain too," she said with confidence.

"You never said you were involved in this, but this is good!"

"I didn't think you cared about cheer that's why, I'm glad you're here!"

Afterward, Sage came with me to my house. Keziah wasn't home; she had college classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Jax was at after school care. Sage went to our fridge, and I turned on the TV to the news.

Once again, there was an attack near the woods. They said it was by a large animal, and I believed that in the supernatural way. Could it have been a werewolfor a really violent vampire? Now that I know the truth about the world it's hard to think of regular bear or mountain lion attacks.

"Oh I heard about that! It's tragic, a huge animal just killing numbers of people," Sage said walking into the room.

"So sensitive, Sage."

There was a ring of the doorbell.

"Who could that be?" I asked rhetorically.

"I'll get it for you!"

She opened the door. It was Alec.

Of course it was.

"Sage move out of the way," I said rushing to the door.

"Who's this cutie..." she was staring at him up and down.

"What do you want Alec?"

"I wanted to drop by and say hiwas in the neighborhood." His unusually black eyes were piercing into mine and he had more of an edge to him. I could feel nothing but dark desire radiating from his body.

I didn't believe what he said for a second... Black eyes meant hunger.

"You need to leave," I said stern. I was aware vampires had the ability to mind control and I didn't want anything to happen to Sage. I pushed her behind me.

"Actually, I would very much like to come in..." he was gazing at me as I was staring at him with anger.

The black shirt, black pants, and leather jacket made him look like the typical bad boy. His jaw was clean cut and cheekbones showing off his face structure. His lips were perfectly kissable... But he's a vampire, and out for blood.

I stopped my stare and slammed the door in his face. I know he wouldn't be able to get in without a household resident's invitation. Keziah would be here soon with Jax and I was more worried about what would happen to them if he was still here by that time.