Chapter 34 - 3 magical words

Start from the beginning

"You're still young so I know you're maybe confused."

Sehun wanted to ignore her words but it just kept replaying on his head. He knew himself that he just want Tia for a friend, nothing more. He knew that or...does he? Sehun shook his head, trying to shoo away those thoughts. He was startled when his phone suddenly vibrated. A big smile was painted on his face.

"Huh?"

His smile faded when he saw the unknown number. He was frowning, disappointed that it wasn't the person who he was waiting for a message or a single call. He opened the message from this unfamiliar messenger. 

- Unknown number

  Hey Sehun! I'm so excited to see you again!
  Well, we're all excited to be with you guys again! XD
  Am I exaggerating? Hahah! Sorry about that. 
  We'll be coming home in 2 weeks time. Oh in case you're wondering who am I
  I just changed my number. I lost my old phone. It's your Luhan hyung anyway.
  Stay safe maknae! ^ - ^

As soon as he finished reading what was written, his smile appeared again. Like in instant! He unconsciously jumped from his seat making the make-up artist to back up, losing her balance and fell her butt on the floor. She grunted in pain.

"O-oh! Mianhe!" Sehun panicked as he helped the noona stand up on her feet.

She only laughed and patted his broad shoulder. "It's ok. You must be very happy that your girl just messaged you."

Sehun bit his lower lip and glanced once more at his phone. He then shook his head. "It's one of the important person to me, actually."

"Uhm...would you excuse me for a bit? I need to go to Chanyeol hyung!" He eagerly said as he ran off without letting the make-up artist to say a word. 

"Yah! Come back, ok?! You just ruined your hair back there!"

"So...what's the latest update of the life of the great Tia Choi?" Kai said smilingly. You two were walking on a nearby park of your residence just to kill some time off. You bitterly smiled while you're looking down.

"Hmm...let me guess, not so good?"

You simply nodded your head then it followed by a exasperated sigh of Kai. He grabbed your hand and dragged you to the swings. You sat on it and he slowly pushed the swing lightly.

"Tell me...I'll listen." Kai said before giving you another light boost. 

"Let's just say that there's someone who's been messing with my life." You nonchalantly said and gripped on the rope tightly. Kai caught your hands on the rope just in time to stop you from swinging. 

His hands were warm. Warm enough to heat up your so getting cold hands. You turned your head over your shoulder to look at him. He just caught you in his eyes as he was staring deeply to your dark black orbs.

"If you need help, you can always run to me." Kai said so soothingly that it made you so sure to put your trust on him in this kind of matter. His voice were full of...sincerity.

Your lips curved up as you moved your head into a nod. "I will."

Kai smiled and what even made his smile wider is because he just realized how close he was to you at that moment. He gave you another push and you two end up talking about a lot of things playing on that small playground.

"Oh look," Kai looked at his wrist watch. "Time flies."

You smiled at him nodded your head in agreement. It was getting late already. Lucky your house isn't that far for you to go home. Kai walked you home and that night was no joke. It was cold that every wind that would brush your skin makes you shiver. You looked up, surprised when a thick clothe covered your upper body.