"Wow, I can't believe you two are getting married! I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thank you, Jessi," Tori replied, looking at herself through the mirror. She sighed in content as she twirled around, her smiling growing. "I can't believe I'm getting married next week. Mrs. Tori Kaplan."

Jessi nodded, happy for Tori. For some reason though, they didn't want to move. They're surprised that their parents are letting them move up to Lake Tahoe, separating them for the time being. If two Mates were together but the time they were both sixteen or older, they have permission to move in together. Since they are already sixteen and Ben is seventeen, they agreed with moving in with one another. Only problem is is that Scott wants them to stay with him and Mitch until they are a bit older to get a place of their own.

How do you tell your Lead Alpha that you are ready to be by yourselves?

Don't get Jessi wrong! They loved Scott and Mitch, but they just wanted to have a bit more freedom since they are almost seventeen. They could be allowed to do anything by the time they turned eighteen and moving in with Ben was one of them. Scott, however, wanted them to live with him until Ben turned twenty, which is a full three years.

Three years too long.

"Jessi, you okay there? You kind of blanked out there for a second."

Jessi looked up at Tori, noticing how the Beta was looking at them with worry in her eyes. The Omega shrugged their shoulders, looking at their knees.

"I don't want to move. I want to stay here so Ben and I could stay together. I want us to have our own little house without anybody worrying about us. I wish Scott could give us just a itsy bisty bit of freedom."

"Oh," Tori replied, walking over to the Omega. She sat down next to them, putting an arm around her shoulder. "I understand. A lot of Omegas feel like that when it comes to the Lead Alpha so it's normal to feel like that.

"The problem is the Lead Alpha wants their Pack to be safe. If any of the Pack members are injured, the Lead Alpha thinks it their fault and is more protective of that member."

"Is that why Scott is so sad after Mitch is injured?"

"Pretty much. It also why he's mostly protective of Mitchy. Because of that, he also protects you and Ben, plus the other Pack members. He just wants you to be safe. That's why he wants you to move in with him."

Jessi nodded slowly, trying to grasp try information. They smiled at Tori, hugging the Beta tightly. Tori smiled too, hugging the younger person back.

"Thank you for that, Tori. I needed that."

"You're welcome, honey. Never forget that I am right here if you need anything."

~~~

"Uh...Kevin?"

"Yes, Avi?"

"I...I have an issue."

Kevin walked into the Alpha's room, widening his eyes. Right on the tuxedo for Avi's wedding was the biggest blob of barbecue sauce Kevin has ever saw.

"Avi, why do you think it was ever smart to eat barbecue while you had your tux was with you?!"

"Don't blame me! I was hungry!"

Kevin shook his head as he examined the suit, trying to find out the best way to clean it up. Avi sat somewhere else, eating the ribs that ruined his tux. Alyssa walked in with the twins, widening her eyes when she was the tux.

"Avi, what did you do?!"

"I was eating! I wanted some ribs so I got some! Don't blame me!"

The female Beta rolled her eyes as she walked over to Kevin, smiling weakly at him. He smiled back, kissing her forehead sweetly.

"My heart transplant surgery is after the wedding. This is it. Life versus death. Are you ready?"

"I don't know, babe. All I know is that you'll be okay, you kick cancer's butt a second time, and you will live to watch our grandchildren get married. You will not die."

Alyssa smiled as tears gathered in her eyes, Kevin's love for her growing quickly. She watched him clean the tux, shaking her head as she heard Avi chewing on the ribs. She looked through the window of Avi and Tori's room, gasping loudly.

"GUYS, KIRS-"

That was the last thing she saw before she was met with black. The last thing she heard was Kevin yelling her name worriedly.

A/N: I'm so excited.;) I'm already planning the plot for the fourth book and I'm super duper excited! Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed the chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧