Chapter 16

Marie Pov

What does he mean "I know more than you think!?"

I wonder if he knows about me and Michael. This is fucking excellent.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair frustrated. I slipped on my red skater dress, with a pair of white converse. I applied a little bit of makeup, with some perfume and my jewelry.

At 7 o clock on the dot, Michael was at my door with a long stem red rose.

"For my lady." He said with a little bow. I giggled as I took it from his hands. "It's beautiful." I whispered.

"Yeah, but not as beautiful as you.." He cooed. I smiled a sarcastic grin and replied. "Cliché, aren't you Mr. Jackson." He smiled as he pulled my jacket on to my shoulders. "Let's get going, our reservations are soon."

It was a beautiful night. Even though the sky was dark, the moon lit up our path, with the stars glistening in our path. The street lights shared the same light as the moon and the breeze was making it all the more comfortable.

"It's a nice night out." Michael said. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it really is."

As I was talking to Michael, I saw something move in the bushes. I swear it moved and I clinged on to Michaels arm.

"Baby, there's something in the bushes." I whispered. He looked over to the bush and shook his head. "There's nothing there, Marie." I sighed and studied the bush.

A flash came from the bush, every step me and Michael took, another flash. A body rose up from the bush and I recognized that person anywhere.

Mathew.

I grabbed Michaels hand and practically began jogging towards his car. He stopped us once we got to the car door. "Marie." He said, out of breath. "Why did we have to run?"

Mathew smirked at me before running behind the building. I became nervous for both me and Michael.

We were both breaking rules and someone caught us.

"Mathew knows." I said while rubbing my forehead. "He knows about us."

Michael scoffed. "So what?"

I looked at him with a crazy expression on my face. "Are you serious?! He can ruin both of our lives. Your career and my academic life."

Michael rolled his eyes as he opened the door for me to get in. I shrugged my shoulders, annoyed, but I still went in. Moments later, he climbed in the Range Rover and began driving.

There was a lingering silence between us, for some reason. I would occasionally steal glances at him, and him the same. I would tap my nails in between us just to keep some sound.

The distance between us seemed foreign to me. I was peering out the window, admiring the building a we were passing, while Michael had his eyes focused on the road.

My nail tapping was stopped by Michael holding my hand and engulfing it in his. I looked over at him as he brought my hand up to his lips and left a light peck on his hand.

"Marie, does it really matter if someone else knows about us? I mean, Will and Mariah already know."

"But baby, they understand us. Mathew doesn't know a thing about what we have, and I'm just a afraid of-"

"Baby girl." He chuckled. "You need to learn to start learning how to live in the present and not in the future."

He was right. Mathew didn't know a damn thing about me and Michael. He thinks that were just fooling around together but it's the complete opposite. I actually feel a great connection between me and Michael.

Michael parks in front of a restaurant and helps me out the car. He tosses the keys along with a tip to the valet parker before we stepped into the restaurant. We were instantly greeted by a short, Italian man, with a wide smile.

"Michael! So glad to see you." The man said as he pulled Michael into a big hug. He spun Michael around as Michael began laughing. When the mans eyes fell upon me, he gently pushed Michael to the side and walked up to me.

"And who is this beautiful woman?" The man asked as I turned a deep shade of red. "This is Marie, my girlfriend." I looked over at Michael as he winked at me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Marie." He kissed both my cheeks as I returned it to him. "Well, let me guys get you to your seats, just follow me."

I followed behind the man, as Michael followed behind me. We sat across from each other in our small booth and started to look through the menu.

"Mmh, the lasagna sounds really good, Michael." He looked at my menu and looked back at his. "It does." He smiled. "But I think I'm going to get the Flounder Mediterranean."

I cocked my eyebrow slightly. "Is that so, Mr. Fancy?"

He flashed his gorgeous bright smile. "Of course."

A waitress comes up to us and takes our order. I look at her and examine how she's acting.

She's eyeing Michael.

I know this bitch isn't trying to check out my man!

Michael still has his eyes glued on to the menu as she clears her throat.

"Hello, I'm Laura and I will be your server for today, may I take your order?"

She leans down right in front of Michaels view. I know what she's doing.

Little slut.

Michael looks up at her and smiles. "I'll have the Flounder Mediterranean, and my BEAUTIFUL girlfriend( he exaggerates) will have the classic Italian lasagna, isn't that right, babe?"

The waitress looks at me with pure hatred as I'm looking at her without giving a fuck.

I know she's mad.

I smiled and nodded. "Oh, can we please have a bottle of your best wine?" Michael interrupts.

I hear Laura growl under her breath and sighs. "Right away sir, ma'am."

Once she walks away, Michael pats my thigh underneath the table and winks.

"I got you baby girl."