"Josh!", I greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Luna!", he teased, stressing on the word Luna. I should say, Josh and I have become great friends. We have so much fun together. He is the one person here, that I share almost everything with. He went to meet his relatives and he may not be coming till a week now.

"Ssup buddy?".

"Nothing much. It's quite boring here with all the grandmothers", he said groaning and I laughed.

"So, you are having so much fun there. Will you ever come back here?",I asked sarcastically, knowing it will annoy him.

"Oh please. If running is the only way to come there, I will even do that. I will even run million miles if I have to do it. Anyway, how are the arrangements going?", he asked changing the topic.

"I don't know. You know Bane. He wouldn't let me out. Not even on my birthday". It's my turn to groan.

"Don't worry. Some Alpha's are grumpy like that", he commented.

"You are mean. Don't call my mate grumpy. He is only hot", I stated and heard a snort from the other end.

"Now what? You both are like lovey-dovey than normal. Please don't tell me I have to watch you both eating each other's faces once I come there. I would rather stay here with my grandmother's than see that", he said and I literally see him making a disgusting face. I bit my lip, thinking about that.

"Don't worry. Even if we do it, you wouldn't be in that room, since you know, you Alpha is a very private person", I said blushing. I heard a gasp on the other end.

"So you ARE making out and eating each other's faces! I KNEW IT!", he shouted. I pulled my phone away for a minute and winced before putting it back near my ear.

"Chill dude! You are such a gossip cat!", I teased.

"Yeah, whatever. So, when will the ceremony start?", he asked.

"At seven thirty".

"How is the security though? I am sure it's very tight", he added.

"Of course. Also Bane is taking extra care for some reason and he was busy the whole day today. Something is there, but he is not telling me. I think it must be about the rogues", I said and there was a bit of silence on the other end. I called his name and then he responded.

"Oh.... Yeah! Sorry. I was just thinking about things and how it's going there", he replied.

"It's okay. Don't stress yourself. Enjoy your week there. I had extra security now, so no harm", I assured, knowing he will be thinking about my security.

"Oh.... That's good. Now.... You will be extra safe and guarded well", he said, but I sense awkwardness in his words.

"Yes and why are you saying it like that?". He heaved a sigh.

"Nothing. Just assuring myself you are safe. It's my job to keep you safe and as your friend, I am worried".

"No need to worry. That's what I have been telling you. Now I have to go. Bye", I said smiling.

"Bye", he said and I cut the call before putting my phone on the night stand. I heard footsteps and turned my head to look at the room's entrance. There stood Bane. He has an angry look on his eyes. His eyes are in pure black, meaning his wolf is totally out. His claws are extended. I gasped lightly before going to him with only one question running through my mind. What happened?

"Bane", I whispered once I reached him. I raised my hand and put it on his cheek, caressing him. I am not scared of this side of him, but I am scared of what he is capable of doing when he is angry. I ran my finger tips on his hand and slid them down to his palm before clasping mine with his. I entwined our fingers and felt his sharp claws graze lightly over my skin. I looked into his eyes as he stared back.

Baneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें