Chapter 7: Darkness ahead

Glory looked up at Oakley as he rambled on about the spirit that had just spoke to him. She should have been listening because it was important but she felt to tired to do so. That was odd. Normally her energy levels were above that of everyone else because of her powers but something was off. She had to speak to Myth.

"Oakley, I have to go see Myth. Something's wrong. Will you come with me?" she asked. Oakley nodded his head," What feels wrong?"

"My energy levels have gone far too low than they should have. That's not supposed to happen..." Glory said as Oakley led the way out of camp.

"Which way?" Oakley asked. Glory nodded toward the denser part of the forest.

"Then we can tell Myth what's been going on with you too. Father can never know we've been here though. He's prohibited me from seeing Myth and I don't think he'd want you doing it too." Glory said. Oakley nodded. They stopped walking and Glory explained what they had to do. They closed their eyes then opened them after a few seconds. Myth was sitting before them with her tail neatly tucked over her paws.

"I assume you've come here about a problem you're having," Myth said then narrowed her eyes, noticing Oakley, "why have you brought him here?"

"Oakley has been seeing spirits and not all of them are good." Glory explained.

She widened her eyes and then spoke,"Four will come together to defeat the growing darkness and bring the peace. One will fall and with that another and so forth."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Oakley asked.

"It's a prophecy. I've been looking for the four. Glory is one of them of course but I never thought you'd be one" Myth said.

"Hey!"

"Ugh. I feel like my energy is being drained" Glory complained.

Myth snapped her attention to Glory and then Oakley.

"Oakley, touch noses with Glory" Myth instructed.

"Wh-"

"Just do it" She snapped.

Oakley turned to Glory and touched his nose to hers. Glory felt her energy restored and pulled away from Oakley.

"That's awesome! How did you do that?" Glory asked. They both looked at Myth.

"Oakley is granted the ability to restore your energy when you use your power to much. When the battle comes don't leave each other's side" Myth said.

"About the prophecy. So Glory and I are two of the four? What's this battle about and who's taking part in it?" Oakley asked.

"Yes, you and Glory are two of the special four. I only know as much as that the spirits are at conflict right now" Myth said and sighed.

"A spirit tried to drown Oakley the other day and he was lucky enough that I was there to save him" Glory said.

"The spirit tried to kill him? This isn't good. This means they already knew he was one of the special four before I did. You need to keep a close watch on your tribe mates. A hint on how to find one of the special four is that you're journey will begin with an injury" Myth said. Glory looked at her twisted paw and how Oakley almost drowned. Her and Oakley both looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Cedar!" They said in unison.

"Cedar?" Myth asked.

"Yes! He was shot in the leg saving Mist from a hunter!" Oakley exclaimed.

"Has he shown any sign of a special ability?" Myth asked. They both shook their heads.

"He's only put himself in danger and he doesn't believe in our powers" Glory said.