Chapter 25

{Warning: This whole chapter might make you cry, you've been warned}

Today was Ricky's funeral. Something that I wanted to be at when I was 75 or so. But not 20.

As we all stood in a circle around Ricky's casket, I was debating on if I should do my speech. It was an optional thing, Chris and Ryan were already going to speak.

Chris then began his speech:

Ricky was my best friend. Some people thought we were brothers. But we weren't. Ever since he joined the band, I always thought he was a different person. I mean, all of us are different. But he was just a nice, quiet person. He never harmed anyone, he was always polite to people on the streets, yet they ran away and yelled "raccoon". He was probably the funniest dude I've known, and I wanted him to be my best man at my wedding. I never thought he would die so early off in his life, when our carriers were becoming even more surreal. I miss him, he was my brother. Thank you.

I was in tears at Chris's speech. Nothing could stop me from crying.

Ryan then spoke up:

I'm not one to do large speeches, this might not even be a big speech. But Ricky was my brother. He was the one band member who was the closest to me. When TJ had left, I was kinda devastated. But Ricky came and filled his spot, and I felt better. I felt like a kid who made their first best friend in school. Although I don't really believe in all the God shit, I want Ricky to be happy up there, and I hope all the others treat him well or I'm beating the shit out of them when I get there.

I smiled and clapped along with the others. The priest looked around." Any others?" I sighed and stood up to the podium. Chris nodded and smiled at me.

I've only known Ricky for about 2 years. He was the kindest, most open-hearted person I've ever known. He cared for me like an older brother. He made sure I was always alright, and not doing stupid things. We had long nights talking about our lives, and what's going on in them. He helped me through anxiety and depression, he helped me get over breakups. He was my rock. I hope he's well, and I hope he's happy and okay up there. Thank you.

I stepped down from the podium and straight into Chris's arms. I broke down and held onto him tightly. It was silent for 5 minutes, except for all the crying.

Oh Ricky, why'd you deserve to die?

___________

DON'T WORRY I'M CRYING TOO!

XOXO~ Leigh