Chapter 17

{Mark's POV}

I woke up with a bright light shining in my eyes. I groaned and saw that I was face to face with the man who took Jess and me here.

"So, Mr. Fischbach, it's nice to see you awake. Now, if you'll please kindly tell me why you planned to escape and where did Miss Fischbach run away to, that would be highly appreciated."

"No," I snarled.

"You clearly want to see what he have in store for you," the man said while removing a cloth off of a tray. On the tray was various operating tools, needles, knives, saws.

"I will not tell you where my daughter went! You'll never get me to talk, it's in the fifth amendment."

"Mr. Fischbach, I'm afraid that won't work here. See, you have no rights, you monster."

He said it so smoothly and calmly, I was quite jealous.

Mark, you are aware that you're tied up, right?

......Yeah.

I watched as the man picked up a blade and placed it back, admiring the beauty.

"Now, I'm not the type of guy who likes to be kept waiting. Tell me where the girl went."

"I have no idea, I only told her to go out the door."

"You're lying."

"Bullshit!" I hissed. "How the hell do I know where my daughter went was I was laying in the floor, with a tranquilizer dart in my calf?! You're a dumbass, you know that?!"

I felt pain as he punched me across the face. I snapped my head back up and snapped at the man. I felt my canines and fingernails grow out.

"Look at you, can't even control yourself!" He laughed. "What would your family say when they saw you?"

I flared my nose and watched as the man began to pace back and forth in front of me.

"They won't, because they know, asshat!"

I watched as he began to circle around me. He had an evil smile on his face.

"Mr. Fischbach, if I may say, you are one rude man. Almost killing your daughter, then proceeding to scratch her, and refusing to tell me where she went. It's all you have to do and I'll let you go back to your room, we just need to work with her."

"No! You're not laying a finger on her!"

"Speak, monster!" He yelled while holding the knife to my throat, looking me dead in the eyes.

I took the opportunity to spit in his eye.

"That's it!" He yelled while grabbing me by my shirt collar. "I'm done playing nice with you! Tell me where that worthless girl is or I'll kill you!"

"I told you, I don't know!"

I heard footsteps from outside the building, they stopped right next to the room. But the man didn't hear them.

"She ran to a cave, it was close to where we lived. Just, please don't hurt her."

He let go of my collar and dusted off his jacket. "Thank you for your cooperation. Now if you please excuse me, I'll be leaving."

"What about me?!" I yelled as he closed the door, completely ignoring me.

I sighed and sawed the rope, breaking it. I stood up, rubbing my wrist because I'll admit it, that rope was painful.

I ran outside and saw Jess crouching by the door, she looked extremely tired and very angry.

"How'd you know I was in that room?" I ask her, making her perk up.

"I could hear the two of you yelling. It was very annoying, by the way. But I think we should go."

"Good idea," I said while grabbing her hand and began running.

We didn't know exactly where we were running. We couldn't return to the apartment because I'm sure that they'll be waiting for us. We're basically wanted in Los Angeles!

I stopped for a second next by a tree. "Call Wade."

"Pardon?" She asked me.

"Call Wade. Tell him to pack our things. We're going to Ohio."

"But, Mark, we're basically being hunted. The whole state of California is looking for us. I'll be extremely hard for us to get out of here."

"I know, I know, but I have a plan."

She sighed and called Wade. They talked and then she hung up the phone. "There, he said that he'll pack them and take them when he leaves tomorrow."

"Great! Now about that plan."

{Hey guys, so sorry about not updating. I'm working on an ego imagines book but I'm trying to make cover art but I can't do it worth shit. Also, it's late but Merry Christmas!}

{Chapter 17 is complete}