Chapter 15

{I have no idea where's the story going anymore lol}

I heard knocking on the door. I groaned and went to open it, but Mark beat me too it.

"Mark Edward Fischbach, I'm afraid that you're going to have to come with me," a voice said from behind the door.

He looked sad like he knew this was going to happen.

I ran downstairs and stood beside him. Outside was a tall, buff man wearing a suit and sunglasses.

"What do you want with my father?" I asked innocently. "Did he do something wrong?"

"You must be Jessica Harlea Fischbach," he said while looking down to my height, "You are not who we need."

"But why do you want Mark?" I asked again.

"Secret reasons."

"Oh, that reason," I said while slowly nodding. "Well, I'm sure that Jessica Harlea Fischbach is somewhere on your list, you filthy heathen. Maybe you want to double-check?"

"Jess," Mark hissed while elbowing me in my side. "My apologies, she's a bit sharp-tongued."

"You're not taking him away!" I yelled while Mark blocked my path. "You can't, you just can't! Take me with you!"

"Jess, what are you doing?!" Mark hissed.

"What I think is right, and I'm going to go with you."

"No, you're staying here," he said quietly, "They're dangerous, especially with people like us. I'm not going to watch you get hurt."

"Well then, don't watch. It's simple as that."

"You are not going, that's final."

I looked over at the man who was checking the time on his wrist watch. "Mark, please, I don't want to lose you like I lost my mom. I'm not leaving your side. Do you still remember that day?"

He nodded while looking down at the floor, "Yeah, I do."

"Now, you know how stubborn I am, just let me go. At least we'll be together as a family."

He sighed and looked up to the man, who looked down at us. "What is your choice?"

"She's staying here."

I looked at Mark in shock as he gave me a sad look and went with the man.

"Wait! You can't!" I yelled while chasing them. "You can't take Mark away from me! You bastard!"

I ran up to the man and went to punch him, but he blocked me. "Little girl, I will not be afraid to hurt you."

"Do it then, you coward! Taking a girl's dad right in front of her! You just want to break me!"

Mark tried to pull me off of the man, but he couldn't. I felt different, but I couldn't explain what it was.

Until I looked at my hands.

My fingernails were grown and were at a point. I felt canines hit my bottom lip.

"Jess, calm down," Mark said quietly. "This is to protect you."

"No!" I snapped, turning to face Mark, "I'm not little Jess anymore! I'm capable of taking care of myself!"

He looked angry, then he looked sad. I didn't want to do this, but I was sick of being treated like a child.

"And you," I hissed while facing the man, "You want to take me now?!"

I saw my reflection in his sunglasses, my eyes were a honey color and my ears were slightly pointed.

"Go ahead! Come on, I'm a monster! I'm the one you should take, not him," I said while pointing to Mark.

The man sighed and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder in the process.

I saw Mark follow behind him, slowly. He gave me a look of pure heartbreak and pain.

What have I done?

{Chapter 15 is complete}