Chapter 6

A week has passed since Mark has told me his secret, and things have been running smoothly. We were going out for some fun on the town because we didn't have anything fun to do.

"I was thinking we hit up an arcade, then go eat, then go watch a movie," Mark suggested as we walked down the sidewalk into the center of town.

"That sounds amazing. Let's do it!" I said while waiting for the crosswalk sign to turn.

We went towards the local Dave and Buster's, my goal was to play Ski Ball the entire time because it's the only arcade game I'm good at. {Author has never been to Dave and Buster's, but she has been to a place called Billy Bob's and it's like Freddy Fazbear's}

"Ladies first," Mark said while opening up the door and I casually walked inside.

Mark has brought me here multiple times before, like for our birthdays, when Wade, Bob, Tyler and/or Ethan come over, and whenever Thomas comes over for Comic Con.

"What are you gonna play?" He asked while I got my card out of my pocket and walked over to the Ski Ball machine. "Ski Ball, again? That's all you play is Ski Ball."

"It's simple, it's the only arcade game I'm good at. Every other game I suck at."

I pressed the button and grabbed a ball and tossed it up the ramp.

"But have you actually tried different games, because every single time we come in here, you're over here the entire time."

"Well, not exactly," I said while handing him a ball, "toss it, Mark."

He sighed and grabbed the ball and tossed it, a bit too hard. The ball hit the top and bounced off and went flying across the room. I ducked as it hit the wall, Mark following behind me.

"What did you do?" I laughed as I got back up, knowing that everyone was too busy doing their own thing to pay attention to both of us.

"I tossed it as you said!"

"You aren't very good at Ski Ball, are you?"

"I was until I started playing video games."

"How about we play a different game? Maybe," I scanned the room for a game the two of us can play together, "Air hockey!"

I ran up to the air hockey machine and swiped my card. {Do they have a card system or do they use tokens?}

"Jokes on you, I'm amazing at this game," Mark smirked.

"Jokes on you, I am the queen of air hockey, unlike you, the king of rodents," I sneered as I grabbed the puck and placed it on the surface.

"It's King of the Squirrels."

He hit the puck at it went flying across the room, hitting a television. I flinched and grabbed Mark's hand and fled.

~

"Oh, Jess," Mark said while pulling out his phone, "I have a surprise for you."

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked while kicking a pebble onto the side of the road.

"You have to wait until we get home."

I whined as I kicked another pebble into the road. I did not like waiting, especially for surprises, but heaven forbid Mark to tell me now!

"Fine, I'll tell you, just stop kicking pebbles in my direction."

I laughed in victory, "What is it?"

"Wade's coming for a visit. He should be at the apartment now, just act surprised when you see him, ok?"

"Aye, aye, captain."

I ran to our apartment and opened the door. There was a luggage bag sitting by the couch. I was about to say something, but Mark stopped me.

"Shh, get back outside," he whispered as he shoved me outside.

I groaned as he shut the door on me. I crossed my arms and leaned up against the door.

"Hey, Wade," I heard Mark say.

"Hi, Mark, where's Jess at?"

"She's busy at the moment, why do you ask?"

"Just curious."

I sighed and opened up the door, "I'm here, I'm here."

I looked up and saw Wade standing there and I acted surprised, "Oh! Hi, Wade!"

"Hey," he said while raising his hand up as a wave.

I looked over to Mark and smiled, "It's gonna be fun."

{Chapter 6 is complete}