Chapter 14

I stood in front of the mirror and brushed my hand over my cheek. The wound was gone, it was like there was nothing there in the first place.

"This can't be real, nothing's real anymore. Right? This is a weird dream, it's all it is, a weird dream. I'm living with Mark, yeah, then I'll wake up to him recording a video, possibly making breakfast," I said quietly while pacing around the bathroom.

I pinched myself in the thigh, hoping to wake up. I didn't.

"Oh god, it's real! All of it's real! Mark's a werewolf, I'm a werewolf."

I ran my hands through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror, a look of pure terror, "I'm a werewolf. I'm a werewolf! Holy fuck!"

"Jess, you've been in there for twenty minutes," Mark said through the door.

I swung open the door and looked at him with a blank face, "Five more minutes, I just need five more minutes."

I shut the door before he said anything and began pacing again.

"What am I going to do? I can't go out at night, well I never leave the house anyway, but still! Is something going to happen to me? Is something going to happen to Mark? Both of us?"

"You are aware that I'm still right here," Mark said while still standing at the door. "And nothing's going to happen to us."

I sighed and opened the door. I walked out, not even making eye contact with Mark and went back downstairs. Wade wasn't there so I assumed that he left to do some things.

I grabbed my cup of coffee, which was still warm, and started to chug it. Because what else was I supposed to do, be calm about this?

No. Maybe. I don't know.

I opened up the microwave and grabbed my plate and began eating.

"Jess! I'm going to record!" Mark yelled.

"Alright!" I yelled back with a mouth full of food.

I finished eating a placed my plate in the sink and sat down at the table.

"Jesus fuck, why am I panicking so much?! It's nothing, really. Calm down, breathe, Jess."

I heard Mark laughing from upstairs, meaning that he's either playing a stupid ass game, or he's doing a try not to laugh.

"I'm overreacting, you're fine. You didn't kill Mark, you didn't kill Wade, you're all good."

Once I settled down, I went to my room and went to change clothes. A normal band tee and skinny jeans, that's all.

I grabbed my laptop and started doing some research.

How long does werewolf transformations last?

How long will werewolf transformations hurt?

Is there any way of temporary stopping werewolf transformations?

Is there a cure for werewolves?

I sat on my bed and thought about it. A cure, for werewolves. That would be nice, Mark and I would live normal lives, well as humans.

But who said that being not normal is bad?

"Jess, you want to record a video with me?" Mark said while opening my door. He was wearing a skin-tight red shirt, which was very shiny.

"I guess, what's with the fancy gear?"

"We're going to ask people how much they know about me," he said with the biggest grin on his face. "Wade's joining us, he went to gather people at the park."

"Only if we grab some ice cream after."

"Deal."

I got off the bed and grabbed my shoes and ran out the door.

{Chapter 14 is done}