Chapter 68 Part 1

Start from the beginning

"OBJECTION!" Camila yelled out.

Everyone turned to look at the brunette in confusion. The judge rolled his eyes at her before he said, "You're not allowed to interrupt the opening statement Miss Please take a seat."

"Oh god." Lauren embarrasingly murmured as she sunk into her seat.

Camila turned beat red when she realized how stupid that was and then took a seat.

"Okay now that the disruption had been taken care of, please continue."

"I've said everything I needed too, your honor." Mr. Rigglmen said.

"Well, will Miss. Jauregui's witnesses come up to testify?"

"Yes, your honor. We call Clara Jauregui up to the stand." Carmen said.

Clara stood up and walked over to testify. Carmen followed in suit and then cleared her throat before she said, "Could you please tell the jury what Lauren was like before the incident?"

"Lauren...was a very happy and carefree girl. Although she had to deal with the absence of her father and the pressures of being the heir of the company, she always managed to have a smile on her face. Whether she was happy or not, because she just wanted to make everyone else happy. And, when I was busy myself, she took care of her siblings. She was a good, innocent girl without a bad bone in her body, that is, until Cara entered her life."

"What do you mean by that?" Carmen asked.

"Well, Cara herself then was a very adventurous trouble maker who went out of her way to seek my daughter's attention. Initially, Lauren didn't seem that interested in her. But Cara was very adamant, and charming, and before we knew it, they were the best of friends. And back then I thought they were just friends. And I tried not to assume anything else because I was sure Lauren was straight. But Cara, obviously wasn't. And somehow, Cara dragged Lauren out of the closet by the time she disappeared."

"Are you saying that Cara is the reason why Lauren changed during and even after the incident?"

"Most definitely. Lauren just wasn't the same since Cara came back that summer."

"What were the notable changes in her behavior?"

"Lauren became hostile and went into a trouble maker phase with Cara. In fact, the police showed up at my door with both of them three times that summer."

"So are you affirming that when Miss.Delevigne showed up, Lauren changed?"

"Yes. Especially after the incident. She was very distant, cold and just angry. And at first I thought it was hormones or the pent up rage she had towards her father, but her excessive sexual behavior after the incident explained the psychological effects it left on her now."

"Psychological effects?"

"Yes. In fact, Lauren's therapist even confirmed it."

"Are the files present with us today?"

"Yes ma'm."

Carmen walked up to the judge where he handed her the paperwork. She then gave the jury the paperwork to look over as the judge reviewed the copy.