Ch. 15 - Dares Are Stupid

sadly, the chapter I had created was deleted. so after wasting practically my whole day on a chapter that was deleted, I decided to make this chapter even better than before! because I have rewritten many chapters of different stories due to this issue and usually those newer chapters leave me disappointed but I refuse to be disappointed! take that, Wattpad glitch!

"Here's what's up. Josh is over at Derek's with the guys. My mom took my younger siblings to visit my aunt. What does that mean for us? The greatest girls night ever!" Julie says as she takes out a six-pack of beer and slides a bottle to each girl.

"Cheers to an unforgettable night that we'll hopefully forget in the morning!" Elena says with her drink in the air.

The girls all cheers, clinking the bottles together and taking large gulps of the drink. I hesitantly drink, knowing it'll be okay since we're staying in the house for the night.

The night begins like the classic sleepover in any teen movie. We make a mess out of Julie's room, blankets and pillows scattered around the floor for a sleeping area. We carry bags and bags of chips to snack on. And we talk about boys and clothes and gossip.

Truthfully, I've never even been to a sleepover. I guess that's what I get for my best friend being a guy who also is my boyfriend and all of my other friends absolutely hating the idea of sleepovers.

"So, Em, how was your date with Will?" Piper asks, nudging her friend's shoulder.

Emily shrugs. "He's really sweet and everything, but..."

"But what?" she pushes. "Come on, tell us!"

"Oh, I don't know. I shouldn't talk about it with you." She plays with the hem of her shirt. "I just know Jules and Valerie are close with Will and I don't want what I say to get back to him where he'll end up hurt."

"I won't say a word!" Julie promises.

I nod. "Me neither."

Emily bites her lip nervously. "Okay.. Well.. It just was so awkward. The conversation didn't flow easily and I felt like Will was super uncomfortable. He wasn't himself. I basically hated it."

I pout. Will was so happy after his date with Emily. He said it went perfectly. I mean, they went horseback riding through a romantic field of wheat!

"But he's so hot," Halley comments.

Julie throws a chip in her face. "Zip it, Hal. Did you tell him how you feel, Emily?"

"No," she sighs. "I'm going to! I just didn't want to make the date any worse. Do you think he thought it went well?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him today," Julie says. "Didn't you seen him, Val?"

"Uh, yeah. We didn't really talk about the date though," I lie. "I don't know what he thought."

Emily nods. "That's a good sign. He must've thought it was just as painful as I did. Maybe we can stop by Derek's bonfire tonight and I can talk to him."

"Oh! That reminds me!" Elena says. "Jules, would you like to do the honors?"

I raise an eyebrow skeptically as the girls turn to look at me with devilish smiles.

"Valerie," Julie says when we're all circled up on her bedroom floor, "we have a little something planned for you tonight."

"Oh?" I say and look around at the smiling girls. "What?"