Chapter 28

"Xander! Quit grabbing my waist!" I squealed as I rolled to the other side of the bed.

"What? I'm not even doing anything! I'm just trying to grab my nonalcoholic beverage that looks like an alcoholic beverage!" Xander exclaimed as he grabbed his Root Beer before taking a drink. I roll my eyes as he sets it down.

"But, now I'm grabbing your waist," He mumbled as he pulled me against him so we could watch the movie that played on the ceiling in my room.

"Look! Look! Look! I always think this part is so sad," I said as I look away from the grinning chesire cat and look at the movie.

The Bamba always hit me right in the heart. Especially when Ritchie died. How his mother reacted. How Bob screamed his name in the end.

"Don't you think that's so sad?" I sniffled as I angled myself so I could see Xander's face.

"Not as sad as you think it is," He slightly chuckled and I hit his arm that was wrapped around me.

"You have no feelings."

"I do too!"

"Do not!"

"When I am around you, and I kiss you I have feelings!" Xander exclaimed and I let out a laugh.

"Whatever."

"Fine. I'll prove it," He said, right before putting his lips on mine. I grin through the kiss and before I know it his hands are on my waist and I am bursting into laughter.

"No! Xander, please stop! Please!" I giggled before rolling off the bed to get away. Xander follows and lands right next to me, barely avoiding my high heel.

"See?! You laughing makes me happy. It's the only goal I have," Xander said as he moves the hair to the back so I can see his eyes.

Tap, tap, tap.

My head popped up as did Xander's. We look at each other before getting in a crouching position.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

"It's four in the morning. No one should be knocking at my window," I whispered to Xander who began to crawl towards the window. In the darkness I couldn't make out any silhouettes. Whoever it was wasn't even speaking.

My phone begins to vibrate and I snatch it off the table. The tapping began again and I answer the call.

"Mia, it's Jones! Open the danm door! I'm freezing my butt off!" Jones shouted and I wince at the loud noise. Xander heard the loud voice and gets up to open the window.

In comes crawling Jones, Carson, Emilio-Bianchi's son-, and the girl with a child. Wendy! Wendy was a her name. She's the one that stole from me and was the informant from Pier. She came in with a large duffel bag, her face was all bruised up, and what once was muddy brown hair was now black. The kid in her arms was asleep.

"Can I ask what you're doing here?" I asked as I looked at the bunch while Jones looked at me with amused eyes.

"We need your help," Emilio said as he closed the window, preventing the cold wind from entering the toasty warm room. The cold air felt nice.

"Ha, ha, ha. Never thought I would hear those words from the perfect Emilio being said to me," I snorted as I feel Xander tense up at the name Emilio. They used to be friends before Emilio went rogue and left us all for Washington.

"Mia, this is serious," Jones warned and I rolled my eyes.

"What is it? Did you mess with the wrong people Wendy Wu? Or did Emilio mess up?" I teased when I noticed that the three men weren't in their uniform. Last I remembered Carson and Jones weren't undercover, but even if they were they would at least have their bulletproof vest on. Jones and Carson looked like they were just woken up. Emilio was wearing all black like some spy.