Chapter 18

"How are my children?" Richard sipped on his red wine, acting as if everything was alright. Everything was far from it.

Except the steak they served. That was better than alright. If I do get fired tonight I might even work here just to get the recipe.

But, everything was far from alright! He has two sons, who are very good looking, and a baby girl. And I was to take care of all nine children. By myself. I was fine with six but with a hormonal teenager that is my "boyfriend" to my uncle's eyes is not okay.

"Fine, I made them a remedy my aunt showed me and they are over their cold. Meghan and I have made process in her homeschooling. Arianna has gotten her grades up with my help. Taylor is starting to mouth words I tell her. Sarah is starting to read me books at night with minor struggles. The twins....aren't making as many pranks on me like past nannies," I replied as I bounced my foot up and down, a small bundle of joy in my hands.

"What did you feed them that made them sick?" He asked, eyes narrowed.

"Nothing that isn't healthy for their bodies. They got it from school and passed it onto their siblings. This isn't a complicated situation sir,"

"How are you teaching Meghan if you have no degree and haven't passed high school yourself?"

He never bothered to even ask that when I told him about it. Why should he care now?

"I basically already passed according to my teachers. I can graduate in December if I want too. And I used to get the lessons I needed to learn by the teachers filming the class for me, letting me get the material I need while in the comforts of my home. I have videos and the teachers have given me books to help," I simply stated, taking a bite of my chocolate covered strawberry.

"If I hear one thing about you mistreating my children you will be gone and I will make sure nobody in Buena Vista will hire you. Am I clear?" Richard growled as he stared me straight in the eye. The intimidating look didn't work on me.

"Crystal, now I have to go look for Meghan," I said, getting out of the extremely comfortable chairs. I might have to steal some of these to take home.

I still had a job! No steak recipe for me but more green paper bills. What a relief.

As I left I could see a couple walking towards Richard, trying to please the man who everyone seemed to know. He seemed like the ones where everything was serious to him, nothing got in the way of his work.

"Mia, is it?"

I turned around to see Wesley. Looking very, very, very, handsome in his black and white tux, bright eyes shining, shaved face. The guy looked like a model.

"Yeah, that's me," I replied, flashing a smile.

"Wesley Grey. We met at the diner," He said sticking out his hand.

"Yeah I remember. You took a fry out of my hair," I laughed as I shook his hand.

"Right, by the way my burger was delicious. The cook sure knows how to make a burger,"

"Nicholas can cook anything you could possibly think of. He's the best cook in the town. Even if he is a pain," I mumbled thinking of the boy I grew up with.

Such an ass.

Wesley cleared his throat, "Anyways I was thinking we-"

"Nanny!" Richard said making me let out a sigh.

"Sorry, duty calls. I'll see you later Wesley," I chirped as I made my way to Richard who was talking to a couple. A different couple than the other I saw.