Chapter Twenty-five: Burn

Começar do início

She's wearing a tight gray turtle neck shirt paired to a black skirt and nude pumps. He could imagine his twin sister wearing the same thing. He kind of saw a bit of Ezra in Callie. They somehow had the same personality but still different in some ways. Siguro iyon ang dahilan kung bakit palaging nagka-clash ang dalawa.

"Bakit ganyan ka palagi kung makatingin? Para kang papatay" Malumanay na saad ni Callie at sumimsim sa hawak nitong wine glass.

He gave her a once over, his eyes darting from her head to foot. There was nothing wrong with her body but then...

Her face seemed thinner. Like life was sucked out of it. Her cheeks were hollow that emphasized her cheekbones, it did not look good on her. The look would've been normal sa mga hindi nakakakilala dito but he knows every inch of her--- her mind, body, and soul. Alam niya lahat.

"Are you starving yourself, Calista?" Diretso niyang tanong dito.

She let out a laugh without humor. "I can hunt whenever and wherever I want to satisfy myself but you know what? Fresh animal blood isn't satisfying for me anymore even human blood doesn't sound so appealing. My blood chose you, Enzo."

Mabilis nitong binasag ang hawak na kupita at tinignan siya with blood gushing down her hand because of the broken glass.

He resisted the urge to grab her by the neck and push her against the wall. The smell of her blood filled the whole area. Alam niya kung gaano ka tapang ang amoy ng dugo ng isang Pureblood, delikado ito dahil baka may maka amoy pa bukod sa kanya. Someone could burst in here and attack her.

"Kung wala pang mag iiba sa'kin hindi ka pa pupunta?"

"Diba pinag usapan na natin 'to? It's not as easy as come and go---"

He was cut off by the sound of breaking glass. Ang chandelier na nasa itaas nila ay unti-unting pumuputok ang ilaw. Napa awang ang bibig niya dahil sa nangyayari kay Callie. Hindi naman ito madalas magalit to the point na mababasag na ang lahat. She doesn't lash out like that.

Naisip niya na siya ang dahilan kung bakit ganito si Callie ngayon.

The only girl he knew to lash out like that was Ezra. Nagbabasa ito ng gamit tuwing galit na galit ito. And Ezra demands attention. Was he turning Audrina Calista like Ezra Alexandra?

The question he asked himself was Why?

Hindi naman si Ezra ang naiisip niya tuwing pinag e-eksperimentuhan niya si Callie.

He lifted his gaze to meet her. Iyong tingin na sinabi nitong nakakamatay.

Callie stepped back in shock, like she snapped out in some trance.

"This is pointless," angil siya at sinamaan muli ito ng tingin. "Don't starve yourself, Calista. Hindi ako palaging nandyan to satisfy your thirst. You have to compromise without me"

Tinignan niya muli ang kamay nito. The wound already healed but the fresh blood still sticked to her porcelaine skin.

Hindi niya sinasabi dito ang napapansin niyang pagbabago. He keeps that information only to himself. Callie was the experiment who doesn't know what's happening to her. She's suffering the effects of an Alter's cruel ability of change and manipulation. The dummy. The pawn of his game.

"Aalis na ako. Don't wait for me, pupunta ako dito kung kailan ko gusto" And with that, he turned his back to leave. Questions were swarming his head.

Bilang Alter malayo na ang narating niya. He's propbably the best there is. Even Ezra, his very own twin, can't beat him. Siya lang ang makakasagot sa tanong niya dahil wala naman siyang pwedeng mapagtanungang iba. He had to figure this shit out alone.