two

What the hell was that?

I was lying down on my bed with my arm raised towards the ceiling of my bedroom, staring at my hand. I frowned while thinking about the brown haired cute but rude boy from the day before.

From what I had observed in French class since school had started, Jimin was a pretty quiet boy. He didn't seem like the type of person who liked small talk, but he still managed to keep up with the other classmates' conversations most of the time. They'd tease him a lot because he was the shortest amongst his group. He was shorter than a lot of people, actually.

But that was certainly not something I could tease him about.

Other than that, Jimin never talked much and was far from being flirty, but his looks made many girls fall for him nonetheless. The relationships he had were all very short. I heard one of his ex-girlfriends say that she broke up with him because he was always distant with her.

I suddenly stopped in the middle of my thoughts to wonder how I knew that much stuff about someone I never even talked to.

"Maybe I should get a life of my own," I said out loud to myself.

"Yeah, you should!" I heard my brother shout from his room next to mine. I sighed in disbelief.

The intimacy is real.

I stood up from my bed and stretched my arms. I walked towards my window to grab my bag on the floor and noticed Jimin outside on his way to school. I felt my blood running faster through my veins as I quickly took my things before running out of my small house.

The village I lived in was very small, just like its number of citizens. It consisted of a few neighborhoods, which were separated by fields, parks, hills and cramped forests. The houses were all very colorful and different from each other, each surrounded by bright green lawns and gardens.

Some houses were vacant, and others were even abandoned because they were too old. The only places where we could buy things were the local food market, the medical centre and the convenience store. The liveliest place where most people went to socialize was the diner at the center of the village.

I was still a stranger for many people, but everyone else kind of knew everyone, and that made me feel safer.

Overall, my village was cute and cozy, and I was happy that my family and I had moved there, even if the thought of moving away from the city made my heart drop before.

I stepped foot onto the street and my long braids were bouncing on my back as I ran towards the boy. I was a bit surprised he remembered who I was when I poked his shoulder.

"Oh, it's just you," he muttered after turning his head to look at me for a brief second. He continued walking as if he'd never seen me.

This boy is as cold as the weather, I thought while rubbing my arms for warmth.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "Wow, Jimin. You really have a talent in making people feel worthless."

I was frowning while looking at my moving feet and he looked taken aback by my sudden change of attitude. He sighed and stopped walking.

"Wow, Eliana. You really have a talent in suddenly changing your personality," he said in a monotone, forcing himself to speak. I smirked as I watched him walk away. I jogged a little to catch up with him.

"So I'm the one who changes personalities? You're actually saying that after how you acted yesterday?" I shot back.

"You're actually acting like this after you were crying like a baby yesterday?" he glared at me.