"You know," he whispered, "your hands are freezing cold."

I didn't reply, instead I just stared at him. I'm pretty sure I got lost, somewhere between reality and his eyes.

Our silence was disturbed by a honk from behind us. Zayn immediately let go of my hand and chuckled, "man, these people."

He turned the corner and I saw our street. "Just stop in front of your place," I directed, "the walk between our houses is barely 10 feet."

He chuckled, "you sure?" I nodded.

He parked in front of his flat. I was about to exit the chair when he yelled, "wait!"

I waited as he ran out of the car and opened my door for me. "Thank you," I said as I stepped outside. He nodded as he shut the door.

"Well Zayn," I said as he leaned against the car, "it was great talking to you again."

"Same to you," he smiled his award winning smile.

"Oh, before I forget," I reached for my sweatshirt but he stopped me.

"Keep it. I don't wear sweatshirts remember?"

I smiled at him, "right."

From where I was standing, I could see the lights in my living room on. "I have to go Zayn, I'll talk to you later."

"Goodnight Kat," I was surprised when he engulfed me into a hug. Not that I didn't want it. His arms wrapped around me tightly as I wrapped mine around his neck. we stayed there for a moment, taking in each others scent. He smelled like mint and flowers, and a hint of that air freshener in the car.

His arms were wrapped around me so tightly, for the first time tonight, I actually felt warm.

When we let go, I once again saw the redness in his cheeks and nose from the cold. I smiled at him, "goodnight, Zayn."

I turned and walked across the street smiling, turning back to see Zayn still standing there, exactly where I had left him. I waved to him one last time as he waved back, then I stepped inside.

When I walked inside, I saw Cora sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hi," she said when she heard me coming in.

"Hey," I replied. "Where's dad?"

"Oh, he's sleeping. Has to go to work early tomorrow."

I nodded, "are you spending the night?"

"Yeah," she replied taking a bite of her ice cream. Which had to be "non fat".

I was taking off my shoes when I heard her say to me, "so who's he?"

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. Please don't be talking to me.

"The boy you were just outside with."

My heart started racing, but I didn't know why. I could just tell her that he's a friend or something. I was good at making up lies. But when she mentioned Zayn, I couldn't say anything.

"Huh?" She was getting impatient.

"He's just a friend," I finally answered.

"Really? Is that his sweatshirt you're wearing?"

Why was she on my damn case.

"Um, no. I mean yes. It was cold and he gave me his sweatshirt because I sneezed."

She turned around to face me, a huge smile plastered on her face, "that is so adorable! I think he likes you."

"What?" I smiled, I was so relieved that she don't take it the wrong way like dad would've. "No, we met at Carlee's birthday and we've just been hanging out since then."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed, setting her ice cream bowl down, "I can't tell you how many guys would leave a girl after a party or something. But he didn't leave you. I can tell he likes you!"

I giggled as my cheeks flushed pink, "how do you know?" I asked. I can't believe I was actually talking to Cora about this.

"Well for one, he ran over to your side to open the door for you. Two, he let you wear his sweatshirt. Three, he gave you a hug. And four, he didn't turn his back on you until you were inside the house. That means he's protective too."

Oh goodness. She is just like Carlee. Always exaggerating the smallest things. "Alright Cora, thanks but I'm pretty sure he's not interested."

She smiled and turned around, "ah denial. The first step into a good relationship."

"Goodnight Cora," I rolled my eyes as I started to walk upstairs.

But Cora stopped me by saying, "wait. So you're positive about the modeling thing?"

My mind automatically went back to what Zayn had said about me. I smiled at Cora and replied, "absolutely."

She cheered, "yay! We'll go shopping on Saturday, this is going to be so much fun."

I walked upstairs and checked the time, it was almost 1:30. I took a quick shower and changed into shorts and a tank top. But my eyes landed on the sweatshirt Zayn had given me and I decided to wear it tonight. You know, because it was chilly.

I felt the soft material against my skin as I inhaled the scent of Zayn from the hug he'd given me earlier.

I fell asleep finally, to the scent of mint, flowers, and a bit of car freshener.

---------

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE. ILY!

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons