The First ✉️

Published: 17322; Tuesday; 00:03; 171029; Sunday; 18:39; Edited

🐱

Adrien groaned as the letters fell out of his locker to his feet, once again, for the fourth time this week. "...that's a bigger pile than yesterday..." he whined, crouching down and started to pick them up and place them in his bag. Nino whistled, shaking his head at the sight and stared to help him. "I don't even get to read through all of them, they're just so many!"

"Then just read one, dude," Nino suggested, looking around, "I'll even choose it for you."

"But that doesn't make it fair to the other girls..." Adrien countered, but he still held a defeated look.

"And it's not fair that you have the pressure to read all of these," Nino rebounded with a pointed look before his eyes landed on a letter. He blinked, smiling coyly before reaching for it. "I choose this one!" It was a light pink envelope, the flap being held down by a ladybug sticker, rather than a heart like the other letters.

Adrien stared at it for a few seconds, tilting his head, "That...night actually be the most normal looking letter I've ever seen."

"Just read it when you get home," Nino shrugged, and Adrien just sighed, tucking the letter in a different pocket, going along with it.

What was the harm of reading a single letter?

🐞✉️🐞

Hello, Adrien! How was your day?

Wait, don't bother answering that, I don't expect an answer.

My day was HORRIBLE, completely unlucky! Well, I'm always unlucky, but today has topped all other days so far. This morning, I managed to tip over a cupcake, which bumped into a fruit, then the fruit rolled across the counter, knocked over over the milk and spilled on me! I didn't really mind since I was still in my pj's but still.

My parents laughed at me.

Oh, and then Chloe decided it was a good idea to throw my project in the trash because it was 'in the way' even though it was in the corner of the classroom with all the other projects. The teacher gave me an extension, but I still have a right to be upset.

Ah, well, in all honesty, I just wanted to let you know I love you. While other girls like you for your father, for your fortune and fame, for your looks, I like something else.

But I won't tell you just yet.

Where's the air of mystery if I tell you everything right off the bat?

I don't care if you don't read this, I already feel accomplished by finally giving you a letter, though not directly, it's progress! I even stuck a sticky-note to remind me to actually sign my name.

But I don't want you to know who I am.

So I'll just use an alias. This stationary is ladybug themed, and I love ladybugs, and they're lucky!

Unlike me...

So, I'll talk to you in the next letter.

From your secret admirer,
Ladybug

🐞✉️🐞

He blinked, letting out a little laugh at the bizarre letter.

It was strange, this letter.

While other letters that he has read before contained nothing but confessions, it was like a small ray of sunshine in the cloudy sky of letters of false love and desperation.

It was normal. Weird, and amusing, but normal.

While the rest of the other letters had been skimmed through and thrown away (it was always from the same girls, sometimes more than one from the same person...), though he did feel bad for doing so, he can't just keep all the letters he's ever been given.

But this letter was nice, refreshing, curious.

Unlike other girls, she didn't want him to know who she was. She just wanted to let him know, and not expect anything out of it. She just wants him to know.

He gently folded the letter back up, and placed it in its spot from the envelope, and opened a desk drawer and placed it inside.

A part of him respected her wishes, this was different, and nice sort of different. But the other part of him wants to know who she is.

✉️