Expect the unexpected...

Start from the beginning

A.j sighed. "Yeah man", he said. "Gone head", he said out of annoyance.

I gazed her way as I held the remainder of my blunt between my index and thumb. "Ms. Lady, you not speakin today?", I queried as I put my blunt out for the time being.

She chuckled. "Hey August", she said as she walked over to me and gave me a hug. "Don't hug me too long, I don't want ya mama comin down on me for havin you smellin like cat piss.", I said.

She scoffed. "Watch your mouth August, you know mama don't like that. She gone fuss at you like last time.", she said as she broke our hug.

I chuckled. "Oh yeah, I ain't tryna hear that hoop and hollerin no more lady.", I said.

She giggled. "Do you have any candy August?", she queried.

I shook my head. "Naw not today", I said.

A.j smacked his lips."Stop beggin and gone in the house.", A.j said.

She pouted...

I dug into my pocket and pulled out a 5 dollar bill. "When ya mama get home, put on that lil face  and ask her if she can take you to the store cause Aug gave you 5 dollars, cool? Or make ya brotha take you", I said as I handed her the money.

A.j slightly chuckled at my words...

She smiled and gave me a hug followed by a kiss on the cheek before making her way back into the house.

She reminds me of my nieces...

My phone began ringing and with that I grabbed my phone from my pants pocket. I gazed at the screen before sliding the phone to my ear and answering. "What's up?", I said into the phone.

I listened to what my client asked for. "Aight man, that shit gone cost $800.00 you know that, right?", I spoke into the phone. "I'll hit you up when it's done.", I said before ending the call and placing the phone on my lap.

"Damn nigga, you be makin bank, that shit you sellin high.", Eric said a bit mind blown.

"Quality of the product is A1, so the shit has to be a lil pricey, shit, I get my shit from overseas when I ain't cookin it up. Buy shit, I gotta double the shit and make more money in order to keep niggas around here satisfied and I gotta family to take care of. I grind, when you been at the bottom you see that hunger inside of you.", I stated.

"Real shit, I already know yung", A.j said. "Shit, I need to get into that shit. Sellin just weed ain't puttin no more in my pockets than a 9 to 5 would do, it ain't livin comfortable, it's barely makin it. I'm tryin to move my moms and Aiyanna away from here man. Shit, I'll stay and do my lil shit in the Nola but I want them away and safe, ya heard me", A.j said.

I nodded. "I feel you, that's how I feel too yung, shit just grind. I can bring you into this shit. It'll be kinda slow at first, just gotta build ya clientele. Only niggas I fuck with know where I live out here. Everybody else, I meet them at certain areas with my strap on me. Can't be out here lackin, niggas out here be hittin licks like a mothafucka.", I said as I gazed at A.j. "You'll be good though, just be consistent. Don't be sleepin on ya level.", I said and with that my phone began to ring once more.

I grabbed my phone and gazed at the caller i.d before answering. I slid the phone to my ear. "What's up lady", I spoke into the phone.

"Sina, this almost slipped my mind completely--", she spoke with a worried voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What you talkin about?", I questioned sitting up slightly.

"Sina, they know where A.j lives.", she said. "Please tell A.j", she warned and with that a car crept along the street which caught my attention.

I dropped my phone as I stood to my feet and pulled my gat out of the frontal of my pants. "Aye man, these niggas about to spray.", I warned which caught my niggas attention and with no hesitation they got their heat...

The car peeled off and started spraying at us. Exchanging hollow tips with these niggas. I dodged the bullets along with my niggas. Adrenaline rushing, all I heard was glass shattering and faint screams from one of the niggas in the car who got hit. That was enough to make me go harder. I risked my life and came off that porch with my niggas behind me and sprayed bullets and as them niggas hollow tips came to a halt, I knew them clips were empty.

If you riding out, 5 deep to make a murder, then aim right and murder, at least one of us...

They peeled off and I aimed and shot out the back window. I gazed at my niggas. "Y'all good", I asked almost out of breath.

"Yeah man, we good", Eric answered for everybody as we all gazed at ourselves and each other.

"Shit", A.j said as he ran up the stairs the porch and went into the house.

"Man we need to get from over here", I said and with that I heard A.j screaming from the house.

The last thing I wanted to hear...

..."NOOO, AIYANNA!"....