When I See You on the Street

"Honey, Why are you so down?" my aunt Bonnie asked. "Um my dad kinda ruin my relationship with a guy I really liked" I explained. "Oh my gosh honey I'm sorry." "It's okay but I don't want to talk about it." I said sadly. "ok honey lets go to Forever 21 and I'll buy you an outfit." she spoke happily.

I walked into the store with my aunts at my side. I was looking through the racks for something that I might like but to be honest I really didn't know what to do with myself. I was tired from not sleeping last night. I felt sick from crying and my probable depression. Last I felt awful all I wanted to do was go find Jake and go running into his arms, for him to tell me everything is going to be okay. To tell me I'll find a way through this.

I was deeply lost in my thoughts when I heard an all to familiar voice say, "Johanna?" It can't be. I thought. It better not be. If it is I'll loose it. I thought. I turned around to Sam. Nicole's ex, the person I couldn't possibly hate anymore.

"As if I wasn't having a bad enough day..." I trailed off loud enough to make sure he heard it. "Johanna I'm sorry..." he said, I knew he wasn't being sincere he didn't care what he did to me. He didn't care I cried over what he did. He couldn't care any less that he tore me and my ex-best friend apart. I knew it. He knows it. So why is he trying to play me off again.

"Look Sam, I know you're being insincere, you know you're being insincere, so why are you still here?" I asked pissed off as ever. "Johanna give me another chance." "SAM," I yelled now the whole store was staring at us including my aunts. "you don't get it do you?" I asked, "You don't get that I gave you a chance, Twice and you jacked it up both times. I know nothing will be different this time, because it wasn't any different the second time. I quiet frankly don't know why I even gave you a second chance. You sure as heck didn't deserve it."

"Johanna" he breathed. "Save it." I snapped, "You tore me and my best friend apart. We don't even speak anymore, this is what you did to me. You cause me so much pain and I can't do it again. I promise you I will NEVER give you another chance." I finished on the verge of tears as my aunts rushed in at my side.

I ran out of the store with them on my heels. I rushed into to bathroom and broke down and cried. "I can't even do it anymore. Everything sucks. I mean first my dad tears my boyfriend out from under me, and then this." I cried even harder into my aunt Sarah's shoulder. "Honey I don't know what happened with you and that boy back there but I'm here if you need me." she spoke softly. Aunt Bonnie agreed with a nod of her head. "Aunt Sarah?" "Yes sweetie?" she replied. " Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked. "Of course sweetie." she said softly.

I pulled my head off her shoulder and wiped my tears off my cheeks. I pulled my hair back in a pony tail and my face was all puffy from crying I tried to cover it up but soon gave up and walked out of the bathroom to go home with my aunt Sarah.

"Johanna? Do you want some ice cream?" she asked. "Um sure." I replied. We drove to Cold Stone and both of us got large ice creams and drove back to her house. We trudged up the stairs to the loft in her house. Her husband and son were gone camping this weekend so it was just us. She flipped on the TV and found Netfilx. We picked the movie White Girls and sat down on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and some M&M's.

We watched movies all night until 2am when we decided to go to bed. I took the guest bedroom and decided to listen to music. I turned on my phone and plugged in my earbuds the first song on was Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato. "Even If the stars and moon collide I never want you back into my life. You can take your words and all your lies oh oh oh I really don't care." That is exactly what I was thinking at the moment. I Really Don't Care.

***Jake's POV***

I was lying in bed and I couldn't sleep. I haven't truly slept since Johanna's dad made us break up. She hasn't called me, I haven't called her. I think I should but I'm not sure. I'm scared that her dad will pick up her phone. I guess I should just wait and see if she calls. From what I know she's been with Nicole since then. I feel broken. I've broken up with plenty of girls before but this was so sudden and neither of us wanted to.

Just then my mom walked in with a plate of cookies. "Jake do you want a cookie?" She asked. "No mom." I said lying my head back down on the pillow. "Jake, I know your upset but you can't just lay in here for the rest of your life." She said. I sat up. "You don't get it. You don't know how hard it is to get the best relationship you ever had torn right out from underneath you." I said raising my voice slightly. "Jake, I know it's hard just remember it's not her fault." She said as she walked out leaving the plate of cookies on my bedside table.

I plopped back down, face down. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want to do anything but lay in bed and do nothing. I turned the tv on to soccer and left it on a replay. I laid in my bed and fell asleep.