15. Another One Bites The Dust

Start from the beginning

His sly smile and in the cocky glint in his eyes my reflection can be seen, “You really liked me didn’t you?”

I don’t answer; instead I begin to walk away. He grabs me by the arm and tugs me back; “You liked me didn’t you?” his voice raises in volume and it didn’t seem like a question. It’s almost as if he’s trying to prove something to himself.

 “Did you!?” his voice flares up another octave. Those shiny hazel eyes are replaced by those of a madman who’s losing his sanity slowly but surely. His dark facial expression hides his handsome features to a point where he becomes unrecognizable to even someone who is as close to him as me.

“Is Jacob better, is that why you’re falling for him? Wasn’t I good enough?”

“Alex, what are you talking about?”   I whisper, watching his wild eyes blaze into mine.

He kisses his teeth and laughs bitterly, “You and Jacob. I wasn’t good enough. He’s always better to everyone…even my boyfriend.” He bites his bottom lip and puts both hands on his head. The rage in his eyes dissolves like ice left in a drink too long and are replaced by a meek saddened gaze.

“Alex, you’re not making any sense…you used me.” I reply to his callous rant. Scared out of my wits, I take a frightened step back. Alex is bigger than me, probably stronger as well and I don’t know his temper. He might just swing at me.

“Did I?”

“Okay, enough of this vague, cryptic crap. Please tell me what’s going. If you are trying to----what the hell!” I scream as Alex his rushed by someone, sending them both flying into the black car right behind us.

I run up to them and try to move the person but they grab me by my wrist. Eyes bulging, I gasp as the attacker turns around. “D-Danny?” I stammer, probably more shocked than I should be. He holds me by one hand and Alex’s throat with the other.

“This piece of dung used you and yet you are tolerating him. Fearing him when I had a lapse in judgment and you scolded me.”

I Poke my bottom lip with my tongue, infuriated now, “Danny, you know nothing about this situation. Let. Him. Go.” I demand as menacing as possible.

“Listen to him Danny,” Alex murmurs from the other side, “Before I really get angry and hurt you.” He releases me and focuses his attention on Alex. If it’s one thing about the guy, he’s brash and arrogant even in the face of danger. And dangerous Danny is.

“You’re not going to be talking much longer.” Danny hisses. His captor smirks and bows his head. From out of nowhere Alex swiftly moves and twists Danny’s arms around and slams him in the same spot he was against the car with his head to the car’s door.

Danny pushes him back, hitting into me. I nearly trip over onto the hard cement ground but catch myself. Dust launches high into to the air when they both fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

I freeze with my mouth hung open. I didn’t know what to do. No way in hell was I getting in between that.

“Stop it you idiots!” I turn around immediately and see Chris, Bobby and Jacob running our way with Kim not far behind.

The three boys rush pass me but Kim stays on the side. “Is that Danny and Alex?…Draaaammma!” she shrieks in a sing-song voice, grabbing her camera out of her purse.

“Yes, this got bad real fast. What are you doing?”

She looks at me like I’m a crazy person and scoffs, “Honey, this is hot news.”

Grumbling a curse word under my breath, I smack the camera out her hands. She gasps and hits me on my arm. “You owe me two hundred dollars!”

I grumble under my breath again and return back to the boys. They finally had the two boys under control. Bobby was holding Danny and Jacob held Alex.