Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Opening my eyes, I shiver in fear. Replaying what Morgan says over and over. The Aerates are invading Hydra, and they are winning. I slowly get to my feet, brushing the grass off of my arms and legs. I shake my head, allowing grass to come out. Looking up at the green sky (caused by the leaves), I only just see the sky. Blinking, I sit back down, resting my feet in the water. It rushes around my feet, tickling them lightly. Suddenly, the water pulls at my feet, pulling my body closer to the water. I try to pull my feet out, but my feet just won’t budge. The water pulls at my feet again, pulling my knees under. I grab onto a tree branch, but it breaks off, falling into the water. Sighing, I allow the water to pull me under. I quickly hold my breath, as I go underneath. Keeping my eyes wide open, I watch as the water swirls around me, before an image appears. Of Hydra.

Fire is spreading everywhere. Hydrae’s fighting Aerate’s. Hydrae’s being strangled by Air, falling to the ground. Aerate’s using their swords to kill Hydrae’s. Hydrae’s using Earth to create tombs and using Water to make the Aerate’s unconscious. Rain is using her multiple skills to kill Aerates. Rain also using her sword to kill. It suddenly splits into ten different pieces, at different heights and different sharpness. They strike ten Aerates at once, knocking them all down to the ground. Gavin shoots lightning at the Aerate’s, paralysing them. Jyss, mother, is shooting fireballs at the Aerates, burning them. Alex Chameleon, combining Air and Lightning, to create an electrical tornado. It spins at the Aerate’s, slowly killing them off.

The water stops swirling around me, before spitting me out. I land on the grass, breathing heavily. That was freaky. But I have to get out of this forest and back to Hydra…back to Nate. I blink quickly, making the water drip off of my eyelashes. But now, my clothes are soaking wet. I quickly shake my head, drying off some of my hair. Closing my eyes, my body heats up, turning the cold water into warm steam. I sigh, re-opening my eyes. Voices suddenly fill my ears, as I spin around. Two humans walk into my line of sight, talking loudly. How did they come to be here? One has black hair with purple streaks, and the other has pale brown hair. They both stop talking, as they notice me.

“Who’s that?” The girl with the purple streaks whispers.

“Don’t know. Probably a freak, like Deri.” The other girl answers, her hair styled like a boys.

“Hey, you!” Purple streaks yells out to me, thinking I can’t hear her.

“What?” I yell back, causing them to flinch. They didn’t think I would do that.

“Come here!” The second girl yells, and I obediently walk over, letting them think that they are superior. I stand before the two girls, who look at least fifteen.

“What’s your name?” Purple streaks asks, thinking I’m stupid.

“Mykala. And you?” I reply, smiling lightly. Her eyes widen, before narrowing.

“Penni. And this is Marie.”  She introduces both of them.

“And what do you actually want?” I growl, causing them to take a step back.

“We’re lost. Do you think you could help us out?” Marie confesses, looking down at the grass.

“Sure. How long have you been out here?” By how tattered their clothes are, at least a week.

“We don’t know. At least fifteen days.” They have been out here for just over two weeks? Wow, I’m not surprised that they are attempting to be confident, when on the inside they are scared to death.

“Wow. I’ve only been out here for a day.” Really, a day. They nod, moving closer to me for warmth. I quickly use Fire to heat up my body, and they gasp.

“Wow, you are really warm!” Penni exclaims, hugging me.

“I agree.” Marie nods, hugging me too. I quickly check my fingertips, which are now glowing red. Keeping a gasp down, I push the girls away.

“Aw, come on!” Penni moans, trying to hug me again.

“No.” I bluntly say, turning away, and walking off.

“COME ON!” They both scream. I quickly look behind me, to see them running at me. Wow, these humans are desperate…desperately cold. I start jogging for a few seconds, allowing them to get closer. When they are approximately two metres away, I close my eyes and imagine Nate. Theres a big rush of wind, and two surprised gasps.

“Where did she go?” Marie yells, before their voices get distant. The wind subsides, and I re-open my eyes. Morgan is staring at me, eyes wide and jaw touching the ground.

“We have to go.” We say at the same time. I shake my head, knowing almost everything about this invasion as her.

“Back to Hydra.” Morgan says, walking over to me.

“Because there’s an epic invasion between us and the Aerates.” I smile.

“I know.” Morgan grabs my arm, and theres a quick rush of wind, and then we are standing before the replica metal shed. We rush inside, and as I slip inside the chamber, Morgan turns it on. She quickly gets inside, and closes the door.

“Well, this will be fun, won’t it?”